× Members

DLA QUESTION

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #113588 by Mel B
DLA QUESTION was created by Mel B
Hello everybody

Could you please clarify for me.

On the old DLA form 143 medical report which is still used here on the isle of man.

The statement block which the doctor fillls in and is supposed to read back to you and you have to sign as the person providing the information at the bottom.

Are you just signing concerning the information in the statement block or for the whole medical report ?

What is DLA 146 ?

Concerning a new DLA claim if after the appeal fails do you have to repeat all the medical issues
that was on the first claim application plus the new medical issues as an addition for the new claim.

Many thanks in advance

Cheers

MelB
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #113590 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA QUESTION
Mel

In the rest of the UK, the claimants signs to acknowledge that they are the person referred to in the claim and on the claim form, there has been no requirement for a claimant to sign-off the assessment report for more than three years and I think it is actually five. I am not aware of the procedures being any different on the Isle of Man.

I cannot find a reference to a DLA146 either in the forum or the internet, but I am wondering if it is the old DLA Assessment form that the doctor assessing a claimant uses. From one of your previous posts

Their response should be directed to the area(s) highlighted on DLA 146, but you should record anything else they may wish to add.

which is consistent with the current DLA Assessment form.

On the assumption that you can/will be able to make a new claim for DLA in the IofM then it would be a completely new claim, you need to start completely from scratch, new claim form based on current care and mobility needs, all evidence to be re-submitted.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 5 months ago #113591 by Mel B
Replied by Mel B on topic DLA QUESTION
Hi Gordon

Yes thats the one you mentioned the old assessment form thats still being used here believe it or not.

Still in the dark ages.

MelB

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #113669 by Mel B
Replied by Mel B on topic DLA QUESTION
Hi Gordon

Thanks for reply on that new claim question. Cheers !

What about please the question about that statement panel on the old form. The forms here are defintely the old ones you mentioned the uk used years go.
Are you signing for just that panel statment or for the whole form ??

I signed mine prior to completion of the assesment is that normal ?

Many thnks

MelB
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 5 months ago #113673 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA QUESTION
Mel

I have merged your latest post with your previous ones.

As previously stated, the requirement in the rest of the UK is for the claimant to sign to confirm that they are the claimant being assessed, not for the content of the medical report.

Gorodn

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mel B

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.