× Members

ESA50 form copied word for word from last ESA50

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #113792 by Feelinghopeless
ESA50 form copied word for word from last ESA50 was created by Feelinghopeless
Hi,

I had to go to such lengths to complete my last ESA50 form (been in support group for 2 years), sitting down with my husband and going painstakingly through your fantastic guides and also the Atos workbook (I cannot thank you guys ENOUGH for all the information you have provided - would have given up long ago with you), which took months (we could not bear the thought of having the form suddenly appear and not be prepared for it so researched as much as we could in advance).

My question is when I get my next form can I complete it word for word the same as the last form providing there have been no changes (I am still on the waiting list for group therapy and also CBT and my new medication has not been reviewed yet as my psychiatrist left shortly after my last appointment and her replacement is behind with appointments in spite of my husband phoning and explaining that the new medication is not working).

If I complete the form exactly the same as last time, including all the letters from medical professionals I enclosed with my last form, will this work against me? I just don't think I could go through it all again. We had to sit and go through every single descriptor and provide evidence that I met the criteria for some of them.

Do the DWP keep copies of all previous forms and if I just send the same information will that be seen as not being up to date with my condition (they assume that time along will be enough to have improved my condition).

thanks you very much for getting me this far in the system.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #113797 by slugsta
Hi mc,

I'm glad that you found the guides helpful :)

You should always assume that DWP have no previous information about you and fill every form in from scratch. However, just in case they do refer back, you should show that, not only have you not got better, but also that you have not been able to 'adapt' to your condition since your last assessment. You should also keep your eyes open for any change to the descriptors that apply to you, as this could necessitate a change of reply.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Feelinghopeless

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.