× Members

DLA reassessment

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #113912 by jonnyh
DLA reassessment was created by jonnyh
Hi, I have a serious heart condition and am awaiting the decision on my transfer from IB to ESA. My question is however that I was awarded DLA indefinate mid rate care allowance when I had to take early retirement. I'm a bit confused when I'm likely to be reassessed.I am now 60 years of age. Any help would be gratefully received.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #113913 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic DLA reassessment

jonnyh wrote: Hi, I have a serious heart condition and am awaiting the decision on my transfer from IB to ESA. My question is however that I was awarded DLA indefinate mid rate care allowance when I had to take early retirement. I'm a bit confused when I'm likely to be reassessed.I am now 60 years of age. Any help would be gratefully received.

Hi jh,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

If your question refers to when you can expect to be invited to claim PIP.

Claimants who currently have an indefinite award of DLA will not be invited to claim PIP until sometime after October 2015.

Regarding your conversion from IB to ESA, these FAQ's should help your understanding. :

IB, IS, SDA, Migration to ESA FAQ’s

Being in receipt of any award of DLA does not give any exemptions from ESA migration, assessment or reassessment.

bro58

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #113914 by jonnyh
Replied by jonnyh on topic DLA reassessment
Many thanks Bro, it was just that I've seen lots of different timetables for the change from DLA to PIP,I was a bit confused. Many thanks again.

• bro58
10 years 5 months ago #113915 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic DLA reassessment

jonnyh wrote: Many thanks Bro, it was just that I've seen lots of different timetables for the change from DLA to PIP,I was a bit confused. Many thanks again.

Hi jh,

You are correct in that their have been recent changes to the DLA to PIP transfer timetable.

However, things have not altered for DLA recipients with indefinite awards. :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...5481&start=42#112418

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.