× Members

? I advise that work is unlikely in the Lt

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #113916 by apples6
Dear B&W
After rec.ing a somewhat gobbledy gook DWP letter after ESA 50 form/assessment
the first letter said Support Group on page 3 (Hurrah and thank you)
however with no length of time

I then rang the tel. of what is described as the local DWP office and asked for
ESA85A: which the woman I spoke with said she had never heard of: she did say
the time was 3years (hurrah again and thanks if so)
She said she would send me something

This has just arrived and is an ESA85a
It says SG
under prognosis heading it says
I advise that work is unlikely in the longer term
I know you wise ones have said previously to folk that
ESA reassessment can be any old time regardless.
So my long winded Q is does LT mean 3 yeears: the women said 3 and it is not on ESA85a letter or the first g.g. DWP letter
Thank you

Apples6 in a slight mysterious haze via DWP and I have only had a cup several actually of tea today GW;s and thank you all for all you do for us folk
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #113917 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ? I advise that work is unlikely in the Lt

apples6 wrote: Dear B&W
After rec.ing a somewhat gobbledy gook DWP letter after ESA 50 form/assessment
the first letter said Support Group on page 3 (Hurrah and thank you)
however with no length of time

I then rang the tel. of what is described as the local DWP office and asked for
ESA85A: which the woman I spoke with said she had never heard of: she did say
the time was 3years (hurrah again and thanks if so)
She said she would send me something

This has just arrived and is an ESA85a
It says SG
under prognosis heading it says
I advise that work is unlikely in the longer term
I know you wise ones have said previously to folk that
ESA reassessment can be any old time regardless.
So my long winded Q is does LT mean 3 yeears: the women said 3 and it is not on ESA85a letter or the first g.g. DWP letter
Thank you

Apples6 in a slight mysterious haze via DWP and I have only had a cup several actually of tea today GW;s and thank you all for all you do for us folk

Hi a6,

Congratulations on The SG award with a 3 year prognosis. !!!! :cheer:

(The longest prognosis possible)

See : How often will I be reviewed

Advice in the ESA85A that work is unlikely "In The Longer Term" is a phrase electronically generated by the LiMA software programme used in The ESA WCA, and chosen by the assessing ATOS HCP.

It does not necessarily mean that this prognosis would result in a 3 year prognosis, nor does it necessarily follow that it will result in an SG award, it could be WRAG.

It is the DWP DM who decides on the "Group" and the length of the prognosis.

See the following extract at 3.10.1.2. from page 133 of The WCA Handbook, link available under heading "DWP Resources" on this page :

ESA Claims Guides :

"3.10.1.2 Advice that engagement in work is unlikely In the Longer Term

Where at assessment you find a substantial degree of functional impairment resulting from a serious medical problem which is chronic or will inevitably deteriorate further, even with optimal treatment, you should select "in the longer term".

For example it may be appropriate to apply “in the longer term” to someone with a progressive neurological condition.

Or, in the case of a young adult with a very significant degree of learning disability, who scores where cognitive impairment in a number of functional areas mean that he requires a high level of support, you may feel that all management and support strategies have been exhausted and further adaptation is unlikely to occur. You would then reasonably advise a “in the longer term” prognosis"

For a 3 year prognosis, you should expect to receive a new ESA50 for reassessment 2-3 months before the end of the 3 year period.

Thanks for letting us know, and for your comments regarding B&W. :)

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.