× Members

DWP phone call

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #113974 by jot52
DWP phone call was created by jot52
I got a phone call which was ended as soon as I picked up after three rings. I phone 1471 and found it to be the dwp. So I rang the enquiry line at my nearest JCP and they told me the phone call would be returned in 4hrs!! and usually the news is good if you get a phone call So I waited indeed I am still waiting!
I was telling my husband this and he said that twice last week at 2pm someone called with a Indian accent asking for me, and as I was resting he said that I was not available! They didn't tell him who they were they just rang off.
I have googled the number it is 08000232635 and it is indeed the dwp as I am awaiting a decision as to if I am being transferred to ESA from IB am I to be beside the phone constantly,has anyone else come across this? Take Good Care J
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #113985 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DWP phone call
Hi J,

A Decision Maker will sometimes phone the claimant for clarification if they are undecided about the claim. In these instances, it can be in the claimant's favour to take the call as information can be given that could positively influence the decision.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: jot52

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #114032 by jot52
Replied by jot52 on topic DWP phone call
Hi Again!! I could not rest waiting for a phone call so I phoned the customer care at my JC and the lady told me that a letter was being sent to me to say that I have been awarded ESA WRAG for 2 yrs.
from Dec 6th.
As this will be contribution based I will only get payment for one year! which will take me to Dec2014 Don't know what will happen for the following 12mths, However
I receive my retirement pension in March 2015. All this considered I really don't think I could go through the appeals procedure, it has taken almost two years to get to this stage in the switch over from IB.
Today its announced that IDS is thinking of putting all us WRAG members into the job seekers queue......wonderful!
Thank you to this site for all the advice and support.
Take good care J
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 5 months ago #114033 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DWP phone call

jot52 wrote: Hi Again!! I could not rest waiting for a phone call so I phoned the customer care at my JC and the lady told me that a letter was being sent to me to say that I have been awarded ESA WRAG for 2 yrs.
from Dec 6th.
As this will be contribution based I will only get payment for one year! which will take me to Dec2014 Don't know what will happen for the following 12mths, However
I receive my retirement pension in March 2015. All this considered I really don't think I could go through the appeals procedure, it has taken almost two years to get to this stage in the switch over from IB.
Today its announced that IDS is thinking of putting all us WRAG members into the job seekers queue......wonderful!
Thank you to this site for all the advice and support.
Take good care J

If you remain in the WRAG then at the end of the 365 days you will be assessed to see whether you are also eligible for Income Related ESA, which will be dependant on your household income, assets and savings and any hours that a partner works, if you are then payments will continue, although they may be altered, if you are not then I am afraid that you will only receive NI Credits towards a Full State Pension.

The WRAG story appears to be a re-hash of one that appeared about three months ago, the important thing to understand, is that even if this was Government policy and there is nothing to suggest that this extends beyond IDS's office, the change would require new legislation to be passed into law which is unlikely to be doable in this parliament.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: jot52

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.