× Members

How long does it take to hear back from atos.

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #113997 by sha1971
I am an incapacity benefit and I was sent a form to transfer onto Esa, I filled this in on JUNE 20TH
ive heard nothing back
its been 5 months
any advice
should I phone them ?
im worried sick
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #114002 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic How long does it take to hear back from atos.
Hi sha and welcome to B+W. On the assumption that you are new to the site, this might help you find your way round

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I'm afraid that it is not unusual for claimants to wait this long, DWP and ATOS have considerable backlogs at the moment :( Your ESA50 must have been received, otherwise your benefit would have been stopped, if you wish to know more then your only option is to phone ATOS and ask what is happening with your claim

Contact ATOS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: sha1971

More
10 years 6 months ago #114006 by sha1971
Replied by sha1971 on topic How long does it take to hear back from atos.
I am new to forum, first post today ! but I have been a member for a year now and I followed the advise on B&W how to claim when filling out the ESA50 it was very helpful.

Im Glad in a way that it is not unusual to wait five months so far , thought I did something wrong

More
10 years 6 months ago #114143 by sha1971
my husband emailed them yesterday and he got a reply email from them this morning. this is what atos said

Dear Mr Blake

Thank you for your email. I can advise you that Mrs Blake's ESA50 questionnaire was received, thank you.

Currently this is waiting to be reviewed by a health care professional to see whether a face to face assessment will be required or whether advice can be provided to the Department for Work and Pensions without the need for an assessment on this occasion. We hope to complete this stage of her referral shortly, and she will be notified of the outcome of this in due course.

with regards

Maggie

Customer Relations
Atos Healthcare

More
10 years 6 months ago #114144 by Gordon
sha1971

You can try contacting your MP, if nothing else it helps to highlight how appalling the system is at the moment.

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: sha1971

More
10 years 6 months ago #114145 by sha1971
hi Gorden

I know this sounds a bit sad but im pleased that at least they have some record of me. I've been reading horror stories about people being sent letters asking why they haven't turned up for there face to face assement and having there benefit stopped just because there letter never arrived. the post is not good at the best of times quite often get other people mail from the neighbouring villages and vice verser , just because we happen to have the same house number , Christmas time is the worst luckily everyone is pretty honest.

your right though Five months is such a long time without hearing nothing mind, and I have been worried sick about it

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.