× Members

URGENT HELP WITH DLA APPEAL PLS

• Stressed Sadie
  • Topic Author
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #113999 by Stressed Sadie
URGENT HELP WITH DLA APPEAL PLS was created by Stressed Sadie
Hi All,

I've been searching but have only managed to find a GL24 appeal form that can be downloaded and printed out. Is there one that can be filled in online as my writing isn't very clear? I'm panicking as I've had no internet access for well over 2 weeks and have less than 7 days until the appeal must be lodged. If anyone can help with an editable GL24 please let me know? Thanks

Also, I got granted Low rate mobility but nothing for care even with 2 statements from family/home helper...so I asked for reconsideration as the things In the letter from the home visit were wrong and my family member recalls correctly what was said but they've put it down wrong. My reconsideration was just refused saying they upheld the decision (even though things such as cant make a meal were recorded as that I can and various other errors) Im in bed pretty much all the time and on heavy painkillers such a morphine so I really cant understand some of whats been written as its the opposite to what I said. Any advice? I got low rate mobility based on my anxiety but I have a primary pain condition which is severe and why im on morphine etc and I rely on helpers at home yet I was given nothing for care.

Im panicking as my pain levels are bad this week and even coming on the laptop is a lot for me but I haven't got help with the appeal as the council helped with the original form and wanted to just send it off but there were loads of mistakes were the lady had misrecorded what I'd informed re-meds etc so it was a good job I had the form back and corrected it before sending. That's why I've not sought help again.

Any advice would be a big help but mainly need a GL24 I can type with,

Many Thanks
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #114005 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic URGENT HELP WITH DLA APPEAL PLS
Hi Sadie,

I'm sorry that this is causing you so much stress :( I'm afraid I am probably going to make things worse because I have to tell you that there is no interactive GL24 form.

You don't have to provide a lot of detail initially, just state that you do not believe that DWP have taken into account the severity of your condition/s. Then you should take each section of the report, state the reality and show how this relates to your condition/s. You should also provide as much evidence as possible (or direct the reader to it if it has already been provided).

This FAQ related to ESA appeals but is still valid for DLA

How to submit an appeal

If you bookmark this topic, or make it a favourite on your web-browser, you will be able to return to it in future. Then you can ask any further questions as they arise and we will have the benefit of keeping everything in one place :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stressed Sadie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.