× Members

review due

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #114046 by petrocelli
review due was created by petrocelli
Hi

I’ll be due for the dreaded brown envelope again soon and whilst I’ve kept an eye on B&W periodically, I’m sure I’ve probably missed out on some relevant issues!

Any Mod’s that are able to highlight areas that I’d be advised to brush up on, relating to both parts of ESA50, I’d be most grateful?

I’ve also discovered that, had those whose care I was in back when DLA first started helped me complete a claims form for DLA., it’s most likely that I’d have been awarded it indefinitely! I assume that there’s nothing that can be done retrospectively?

Many thanks
P.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #114051 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic review due

petrocelli wrote: Hi

I’ll be due for the dreaded brown envelope again soon and whilst I’ve kept an eye on B&W periodically, I’m sure I’ve probably missed out on some relevant issues!

Any Mod’s that are able to highlight areas that I’d be advised to brush up on, relating to both parts of ESA50, I’d be most grateful?

I’ve also discovered that, had those whose care I was in back when DLA first started helped me complete a claims form for DLA., it’s most likely that I’d have been awarded it indefinitely! I assume that there’s nothing that can be done retrospectively?

Many thanks
P.

The ESA Descriptors and Regulations were updated in January so you should refer to the latest guides for the changes.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa

If you are still within 13 months of the last Decision that awarded you DLA, then in principle you can make an appeal in regard to the award period, but you would have to provide Good Cause as to why the appeal is late, which may not be accepted, also you need to be aware that both the DWP and the Appeal panel can extend the revision to the full award if the believe it reasonable, so you may put your current award at risk.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: mrjohnno

• mrjohnno
10 years 5 months ago #114059 by mrjohnno
Replied by mrjohnno on topic review due
True enough. Need to choose your battles.

Also regarding indefinite....
not certain in amount or length

www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/indefinite

Some people think it means forever but it is exactly the opposite.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.