× Members

365 done for CB ESA so onto IB ESA this very day

• mrjohnno
  • Topic Author
10 years 5 months ago #114063 by mrjohnno
Filled in an ESA3 04/13 three weeks ago and gave the start of claim date as today as I had been advised by a couple of letters that this was the date my CB ESA ended. Not heard anything back as yet which doesn't really raise an eyebrow so they have one more week before I call them. When I said earlier that I filled in the form three weeks ago I mean it was signed for by the DWP because everything I send is signed for. That will be four weeks when I telephone and depending on the answer I will instigate legal proceedings yet again. They (the DWP) sort it out in under seven days at this point with the exception of once two years ago where it took 6 weeks and they paid me a nice little 'extra' for it.

Unless this topic is locked for some reason I shall continue to report what I have done and the outcome as time goes by as it may be of some use to others. I also record every single call I make and advise the person that the call is being recorded for future broadcast. It is of the utmost importance that you inform the person you are talking to of this for legal reasons.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mrjohnno
  • Topic Author
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #114355 by mrjohnno
It was the 28th rather than the 26th but hey ho. Not sure how this is going to work out as I have to pop down to Malaysia shortly for a few days so not phone.

On the assumption I do get transferred from CB to IR, will I be put on the assessment rate?
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 5 months ago #114363 by Gordon

mrjohnno wrote: On the assumption I do get transferred from CB to IR, will I be put on the assessment rate?

No, you still have Limited Capability for Work so your WRAG status should be re-instated.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• mrjohnno
  • Topic Author
10 years 5 months ago #114366 by mrjohnno

Gordon wrote:

mrjohnno wrote: On the assumption I do get transferred from CB to IR, will I be put on the assessment rate?

No, you still have Limited Capability for Work so your WRAG status should be re-instated.

Gordon

Now that is good news. I like being on WRAG so hope it pans out.

• mrjohnno
  • Topic Author
10 years 5 months ago #114368 by mrjohnno
I wrote the following on a thread which was deleted as it was being written. It may be of some use to someone but I am at a loss as to where to put it. I'll just put in her for moderation and you can do with it what you wish....

It's nothing short of a scam. You get so called 'migrated' from IB to CB ESA and told that the benefit level will be the same 'at point of change'. 365 days later you have to go to IR ESA so they pay you much less unless you are in a support group. I was not put in a support group even though I am a T12 paraplegic so when they sent me a letter late last year saying I would have to attend an interview which could last up to an hour I pointed to my appeal which they accepted that I was unable to sit for 30 minutes. As far as I know people on WRAG cannot have home visits so I am left alone because there is a hole. I'm happy.

• mrjohnno
  • Topic Author
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #115055 by mrjohnno
Heard nothing back as yet and no payments. From outside sources just to leave it as they will back pay and during this time I will not be contacted so can go on my merry way. What do you think? When I was on IB they messed me about for 18 months then would only back pay me for 3 months because of the rules. Is this still the same with ESA?
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.