× Members

365 done for CB ESA so onto IB ESA this very day

More
10 years 4 months ago #115058 by Gordon

mrjohnno wrote: Heard nothing back as yet and no payments. From outside sources just to leave it as they will back pay and during this time I will not be contacted so can go on my merry way. What do you think? When I was on IB they messed me about for 18 months then would only back pay me for 3 months because of the rules. Is this still the same with ESA?

Providing that you were eligible for Income Related ESA when your ESA(CB) stopped then there should be no issue over back payment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mrjohnno
  • Topic Author
10 years 4 months ago #115064 by mrjohnno

Gordon wrote:

mrjohnno wrote: Heard nothing back as yet and no payments. From outside sources just to leave it as they will back pay and during this time I will not be contacted so can go on my merry way. What do you think? When I was on IB they messed me about for 18 months then would only back pay me for 3 months because of the rules. Is this still the same with ESA?

Providing that you were eligible for Income Related ESA when your ESA(CB) stopped then there should be no issue over back payment.

Gordon

So long as it is now more than 3 months? it would be in my best interest to just let it fly for as long as it takes. Good news and thank you.

• mrjohnno
  • Topic Author
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #115799 by mrjohnno
Never heard anything but payments started 4 weeks after the end of my CB ESA and were backdated.

Almost to the day that payments started I was sent an ESA50 10/13 with a letter saying I needed to fill it in to go from IB to ESA. Being already on ESA I put it to one side for a couple of weeks and phoned up JC+ just after the new year. They agreed it was an error but told me I have to fill it in anyway (!) As usual I had to request a large print version and the 30 day time limit to complete the form was reset. Pages and pages of information and yet ATOS keep sending me small print forms. The lady on the phone said this was normal as the ATOS system does not keep a record of sight issues while JC+ does. She looked at my record and saw that I repeatedly ask for large print which is perhaps why the 30 days was reset without even having to ask.

The ESA50 10/13 looks like a real bitch of a form to complete as they are asking for dates which don't exist. I registered at a new surgery in 2009 but have never needed to see a GP as such so there is no date for when I last saw 'my' GP at this surgery. Should I put down the date I registered?
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 3 months ago #115806 by Gordon
mrjohnno

Do you have the new return date in writing? The DWP rely on ATOS to manage this process and unless the DWP have contacted ATOS about the new date, they will be operating to the original timescales, which may result in your file being returned to the DWP with a failure to return the form!

With regard the form, if you have not seen a GP since before 2009, then it probably does not matter what date you use, so the date you joined the practice should be sufficient.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• mrjohnno
  • Topic Author
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #115821 by mrjohnno

Gordon wrote: mrjohnno

Do you have the new return date in writing? The DWP rely on ATOS to manage this process and unless the DWP have contacted ATOS about the new date, they will be operating to the original timescales, which may result in your file being returned to the DWP with a failure to return the form!

No but I do have a recording along with date, time and who I was speaking to logged. The lady certainly knew that the large print forms are an issue from what she said and she or someone must have looked into it to some degree to know that the reason why it is happening is due to the ATOS system not containing details on sight issues.

It could end up being an issue I agree.

With regard the form, if you have not seen a GP since before 2009, then it probably does not matter what date you use, so the date you joined the practice should be sufficient.

Gordon

That's what I figured but thought it worth asking. I'll explain in detail on the additional information section and hope someone sees it.

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #115829 by Gordon
mrjohnno

My concern is that we have heard of a lot of cases where this has been done and the claimant has then had their ESA stopped for not returning the form on time, I am not convinced that the Call Centre staff have authority to extend the completion date, a letter should mean that someone with more authority has looked at it.

I would contact ATOS and tell them that your return date has been extended and why and the DWP for written confirmation, at least that way you are covering the bases.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.