× Members

WRAG interview Carer/friend

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #114076 by H2o
WRAG interview Carer/friend was created by H2o
A friend of mine has received a letter for a WRAG interview soon, he's appealing his ESA decision as he can hardly breathe or walk, but that is taking its time.

In the meantime I guess he has to attend, just wondering if there would be any problems gong with him as another friend who is on ESA was told he couldn't have anyone to attend with him even though he has severe anxiety. Is there a regulation on whether someone can attend the interview with the claimant?

Also does the ongoing appeal have any influence before its heard?

Had a search online but couldn't get anywhere, thanks for any advice.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #114078 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic WRAG interview Carer/friend

H2o wrote: A friend of mine has received a letter for a WRAG interview soon, he's appealing his ESA decision as he can hardly breathe or walk, but that is taking its time.

In the meantime I guess he has to attend, just wondering if there would be any problems gong with him as another friend who is on ESA was told he couldn't have anyone to attend with him even though he has severe anxiety. Is there a regulation on whether someone can attend the interview with the claimant?

Also does the ongoing appeal have any influence before its heard?

Had a search online but couldn't get anywhere, thanks for any advice.

The first thing is to check whether the appointment can be heard over the phone, this is at the discretion of the JC+ advisor, but is often granted, especially if the claimant has appealed.

If they do have to attend, then they can take someone with them, there may be issues at the JC+ office as they often do not have the physical space for a companion to sit in, but depending how bad their anxiety is, they can insist that it be done as a reasonable adjustment due to their condition.

Unfortunately, making an appeal does not excuse your friend from being required to participate in any Work Related Activity required by the JC+, although it should excuse them being forwarded to the Work Programme. Any WRA that is suggested must take into account any limitations that result from your friends condition(s).

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: H2o

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.