× Members

reconsideration of WRAG to support group

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #114118 by iannas
hello everyone. i'm new to this site today and am not really sure how it works but i'm wanting advice on applying for a reconsideration to my WRAG as i have had to cancel two appointments this month due to a flare up of my condition and they're threatening me with loss of benefit. what do i do? what can i send to help my case? i sent letters from GP and pain Dr when i first had to reply for the change over from incapacity but feel they took no notice of them. i have been disabled for 24 years and rarely leave the house. any information would be gratefully recieved. thanks all.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #114120 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic reconsideration of WRAG to support group
Hi iannas and welcome to the site. This FAQ will help you find your way around, I hope

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In order to be awarded Support Group, it is not enough for your condition to have worsened, you must also now meet the specific Support Group descriptors

Qualifying for the Support Group

You can write to the DWP and say that, due to a worsening of your condition, you wish for a review/supersession of your claim. this will probably trigger another ESA50 +/- a face2face assessment. The onus will be entirely on you to show that 1) your condition has worsened since your last claim and 2) that you now meet the Support Group descriptors (or exceptional circumstances). You will need to provide strong evidence to back this up.

I'm afraid that you will still be obliged to undertake Work Focussed Interviews, if invited to do so, but it might be possible to have these conducted over the phone. This is entirely at the discretion of the JobCentre+ adviser, some of them are willing to do this with no problems. Any activity that you are asked to undertake should take account of your limitations.

I must warn you that there is a risk associated with asking for a review, just as there is with appealing the decision

Is there any risk to challenging a decision?

You need to be as sure as possible that your ESA award is safe and that you easily score 15 points among the descriptors

Qualifying for the WRAG

Please return to this topic to ask any other questions you have. You will find it easily in future if you bookmark it, or make it a favourite on your web browser, now :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by slugsta. Reason: added comment
The following user(s) said Thank You: iannas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.