× Members

ESA medical

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #114126 by kimfellows
ESA medical was created by kimfellows
Arrived for my medical at 9am this morning and was made to wait for 5 hours before I was seen. Staff were rude, incompetent and continually bitched about other members of staff they ate their smelly cooked lunches infront of us which made me gag as I hadnt even had a sip of water for 5 hours. The 'medical professional that I saw continually asked me if I had suicidal thoughts and would not let this go intil I burst into tears. It was like being on trial for murder. I finally left the building just before 4pm after 6 hours of hell. Dozens of people were sent home as they couldnt see them due to ' over booking' and 'appointments taking too long' this was my second visit due to being sent home a fww weeks ago for the same reason. Sat and cried for hours this evening what is our government thinking giving these pwople a task to undertake that they clearly are not set ip to cope with. I was a teacher before becoming ill and professionalism is a must
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #114128 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA medical

kim wrote: Arrived for my medical at 9am this morning and was made to wait for 5 hours before I was seen. Staff were rude, incompetent and continually bitched about other members of staff they ate their smelly cooked lunches infront of us which made me gag as I hadnt even had a sip of water for 5 hours. The 'medical professional that I saw continually asked me if I had suicidal thoughts and would not let this go intil I burst into tears. It was like being on trial for murder. I finally left the building just before 4pm after 6 hours of hell. Dozens of people were sent home as they couldnt see them due to ' over booking' and 'appointments taking too long' this was my second visit due to being sent home a fww weeks ago for the same reason. Sat and cried for hours this evening what is our government thinking giving these pwople a task to undertake that they clearly are not set ip to cope with. I was a teacher before becoming ill and professionalism is a must

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I am afraid that all I can suggest is that you make a complaint to ATOS, their normal procedure is to send claimants home if there is an expectation that the wait will be more than two hours, although this is an internal procedure and not a legal requirement.

Complaining to ATOS Healthcare

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 5 months ago #114129 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA medical
What a dreadful way to be treated! I totally agree that there is a distinct lack of professionalism, seemingly across the whole system :(

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• mrjohnno
10 years 5 months ago #114130 by mrjohnno
Replied by mrjohnno on topic ESA medical
Despicable. I will only do home visits now and video it.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.