× Members

Expecting esa50 to arrive

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #114261 by mangof
Expecting esa50 to arrive was created by mangof
Hi, my esa award date runs out in the middle of january. I have been expecting an esa50 to arrive any day soon. (Although I am glad it hasn't yet to be honest).

I have a couple of questions:

Are some areas backlogged so that forms are coming out later than usual? (I am in the Leeds area).

Is there a point when it would be wise to contact the dwp to see if the form should have come but has got lost in the post or is best to just leave it if I don't hear anything?

Thanks
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
10 years 4 months ago #114266 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Expecting esa50 to arrive

displayname wrote: Hi, my esa award date runs out in the middle of january. I have been expecting an esa50 to arrive any day soon. (Although I am glad it hasn't yet to be honest).

I have a couple of questions:

Are some areas backlogged so that forms are coming out later than usual? (I am in the Leeds area).

Is there a point when it would be wise to contact the dwp to see if the form should have come but has got lost in the post or is best to just leave it if I don't hear anything?

Thanks

Hi dn,

I am personally aware of 2 people who's 2 year prognosis ran out nearly 2 months ago, so they would have expected to receive their new ESA50's some 4 months ago.

As of today they have still not received their new ESA50's.

Their ESA is still in payment.

Of course there is always the possibility that an ESA50 could get lost in the post, however, one should remember that a reminder letter should also be sent out 3 weeks after the issue of an ESA50, so that would have to be lost in the post as well.

We are also aware that ATOS/DWP do seem to have a backlog at this time.

As always, the decision on whether you should contact the DWP or not, is yours to make.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.