× Members

How long till I receive repayment?

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #114279 by ELEANOR
How long till I receive repayment? was created by ELEANOR
My appeal against stoppage of my ESA was allowed on Thursday November 21. Do you know how long it will be before the arrears are paid? Christmas is coming and money is getting tight.
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 4 months ago #114280 by

irisheyes wrote: My appeal against stoppage of my ESA was allowed on Thursday November 21. Do you know how long it will be before the arrears are paid? Christmas is coming and money is getting tight.

Hi ie,

The time it takes to update your files can vary depending on the workload in your area.

It may speed things up if you send a copy of the tribunal's decision notice to the Benefits Office dealing with your ESA. :

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

bro58

More
10 years 4 months ago #114365 by ELEANOR
Replied by ELEANOR on topic How long till I receive repayment?
I phoned the DWP today and was told that there target was to pay backdated benefits within eight weeks from the decision date. I was told that this does not mean I won't be paid before the eight weeks are up but, if I haven't received the money by January 16, I should phone again. I am lucky that I am not totally dependant on benefits but I feel desperately sorry for those who are.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.