× Members

CHANGE OF MEDICAL CONDITION ; ESA APPEAL

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #114301 by drewan
As a result of a failed ESA appeal (2oth November2013) following a medical assessment in March (Nil points) and a rejection of reconsideration in May, I am wondering whether to appeal to the Upper Tribunal.I was asking to be moved from the Job Seekers group to WRAG.

In the 9 months between March and November my physical position has largely resolved, but my mental problems have increased sharply (medication/Community Mental Team etc. )

As my circumstances have changed, I would like to know:

1) Is the relevant date for my medical condition March, May or November for the purposes of appeal?

2) if I appeal, will I still receive assessment rate ESA or will I have to apply afresh for JSA/ESA?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated, as it feels pretty lonely out here !!

Thanks a lot. Drewan.
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #114305 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic CHANGE OF MEDICAL CONDITION ; ESA APPEAL

drewan wrote: As a result of a failed ESA appeal (2oth November2013) following a medical assessment in March (Nil points) and a rejection of reconsideration in May, I am wondering whether to appeal to the Upper Tribunal.I was asking to be moved from the Job Seekers group to WRAG.

In the 9 months between March and November my physical position has largely resolved, but my mental problems have increased sharply (medication/Community Mental Team etc. )

As my circumstances have changed, I would like to know:

1) Is the relevant date for my medical condition March, May or November for the purposes of appeal?

2) if I appeal, will I still receive assessment rate ESA or will I have to apply afresh for JSA/ESA?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated, as it feels pretty lonely out here !!

Thanks a lot. Drewan.

Hi d,

1) The relevant date for your medical conditions with respect to any change/deterioration or fresh claim would be the date of the original adverse fit for work decision, which appears to be circa March 2013.

2) If you are referring to an appeal to The Upper Tier Tribunal, (if possible) then you will not receive any payment whilst an appeal to The UTT was ongoing.

An appeal to The UTT, and a fresh claim for ESA can run side by side, but would be two totally independent issues.

Have a read through this previous topic :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...&limitstart=0#114026

I think that you will find it helpful.

If not, please re-post to this topic with any further queries.

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.