× Members

doctor will not give supporting letter

• k9man63
  • Topic Author
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #114311 by k9man63
hi, please could someone give me some advice?, i have been in the support group for esa for the last 2yrs, although i had to appeal after my medical with atos ,i managed to win appeal with support from my gp and consultant in the way of supporting letters.
Last week i received a new esa 50 to fill in,to which welfare rights helped with this morning,this afternoon i went to see my doctor and asked her could she give me a supporting letter to go with my esa 50 because welfare rights said it would be helpfull, my doctor refused to give me one because there guidelines have changed?. I think she said something to do with lmc?
i suffer from incontinence at least a couple of times a week,depression,empyhsema,and under investigation with my heart again. very worrying times yet again,as anyone else heard of own doctors not supporting their patients???
thankyou
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #114312 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic doctor will not give supporting letter

k9man63 wrote: hi, please could someone give me some advice?, i have been in the support group for esa for the last 2yrs, although i had to appeal after my medical with atos ,i managed to win appeal with support from my gp and consultant in the way of supporting letters.
Last week i received a new esa 50 to fill in,to which welfare rights helped with this morning,this afternoon i went to see my doctor and asked her could she give me a supporting letter to go with my esa 50 because welfare rights said it would be helpfull, my doctor refused to give me one because there guidelines have changed?. I think she said something to do with lmc?
i suffer from incontinence at least a couple of times a week,depression,empyhsema,and under investigation with my heart again. very worrying times yet again,as anyone else heard of own doctors not supporting their patients???
thankyou

I am afraid this is becoming increasingly common, any reports and letters that a GP provides in connection with benefits are at their own discretion and are outside of the normal service they are required to provide.

One thing that you can is to request access to your medical records at your GP practice, all of your Consultants letters, etc. should be included in your records so this may offer an alternative of compiling your own report.

Requesting your medical records

Charging for medical records

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• k9man63
  • Topic Author
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #114313 by k9man63
Replied by k9man63 on topic doctor will not give supporting letter
Thankyou gordon for your quick response and your advice,i have got until the 18th dec to get my esa 50 back to them, i just didnt understand my gp when she said they have had guidence not to do supporting letters anymore!!, so obviously you heard of this before

• bro58
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #114315 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic doctor will not give supporting letter
As an aside, but connected to this query, some G.P. practices are now offering web services to their patients.

Some of the practices that are registered with this service, (emis/Patient Access) also offer the facility to view your records securely online (my own G.P. practice does)

See : www.patient.co.uk/emisaccess.asp

&

patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase

As well as this facility, repeat prescriptions, appointments and secure messaging may also be on offer.

You should check whether your G.P. practice is offering this facility.

If it is, and you are interested, they will give you a "Key" on an explanatory document to register online.

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by bro58.

More
10 years 4 months ago #114316 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic doctor will not give supporting letter

k9man63 wrote: Thankyou gordon for your quick response and your advice,i have got until the 18th dec to get my esa 50 back to them, i just didnt understand my gp when she said they have had guidence not to do supporting letters anymore!!, so obviously you heard of this before

I believe there has been a concerted effort in Wales to stop GPs providing assistance, in the rest of the country it is down to the practice and of course individual GPs can refuse to help, even when they do provide assistance they may charge the claimant for the results.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• k9man63
  • Topic Author
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #114317 by k9man63
Replied by k9man63 on topic doctor will not give supporting letter
thankyou for advice , my gp did give me a supporting letter 2yrs ago,its seems my practice will not do that anymore,she said if they want to know anything they will have to write.
thanks again

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.