× Members

Hi Does anyone kow please what ESA IR is please

• kb
  • Topic Author
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #114322 by kb
Hi I was placed in the Wrag group last year although I was told at the time it would be for 2 years without recall to Job centre I have now been told my ESA ends in Jan and I could possibly get ESA IR??
could anyone advise me please??
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #114324 by Gordon

kb wrote: Hi I was placed in the Wrag group last year although I was told at the time it would be for 2 years without recall to Job centre I have now been told my ESA ends in Jan and I could possibly get ESA IR??
could anyone advise me please??

It sounds like you are currently being paid Contribution Based ESA, either because you were previously on Incapacity Benefit or you were working immediately before claiming ESA.

ESA(CB) payments are limited to 365 days for members of the WRAG, after this, if eligible you will be transferred to Income Related ESA.

Eligibility for ESA(IR) is dependant on your household income, assets and savings and any hours that a partner works.

Asset rule for ESA(IR)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

If you are not eligible for ESA(IR) then as long as you continue to Limited Capability for Work, which you currently do, then you will receive NI Credits which count towards a full State Pension and if you at any time meet the criteria for the Support Group, then you can ask to be re-assessed, if successful then your ESA(CB) will be re-instated.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.