× Members

Physical needs at a F2F

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #114338 by MariW
Physical needs at a F2F was created by MariW
I am still waiting for my migration to ESA to begin. Meanwhile, I continue to draft my ESA 50.

I am troubled by the prospect of a face-to-face assessment for various reasons, one of them being directly related to my primary medical condition. For example, my mobility problems mean that a parking space for my carer directly outside the centre would be essential. I could not walk far when I enter the centre. I cannot sit on an ordinary waiting-room chair. Most sitting activities are carried out in a semi-lying position.

Will ATOS take account of this sort of thing when arranging a face-to-face assessment? Forum users have reported having to wait for hours after arrival at the centre. I am physically incapable of this length of wait and would have not option but to leave unless ATOS were to provide a sofa-bed. Do they have to take into account all adjustments necessary to get the claimant to and through an assessment?

Thanks,

MW
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #114343 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Physical needs at a F2F
Mari

Should it be, yes! Will it be, likely no!

The only way to definitely avoid these issues is to have a home assessment but this will require a firm letter from your GP detailing why you are unable to attend and even then it is still at the discretion of ATOS.

If you do have to attend then I would check out the facilities of the ATOS office, I cannot remember the exact number, but I think about 50 of their offices are not disability equipped, they may not be on the ground floor or not have disabled parking close by. ATOS have some details on the their website, but you can also have a look at the building with Google maps.

If you do attend, be prepared for assumptions to be made about how you got from a car to the waiting room, how you have "sat" while you waited, etc.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 4 months ago #114348 by MariW
Replied by MariW on topic Physical needs at a F2F
I really don’t want a home assessment. In drafting complete and honest answers to the questions relevant to my incurable condition I have resigned all privacy except for my home. I

I’d like to think my paper evidence and what is known about the condition itself is adequate and that I will not be called for a f2f but I have have detailed my f2f needs in filling in the PDF, referring the reader to my answers to questions x y and z.

My nearest ATOS centre does have ground floor interview rooms. Parking might be difficult. A taxi might be a better option than my carer’s car. If a suitable chair is not available I will resort to the floor if I have to wait for longer than I am able to sit.

MW

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.