× Members

Sharing some information and advice needed

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #114389 by chumsmum
Hi I have been on ESA in support group since 2011 and in March 2013 received another form to fill in - I have been waiting since this time to hear from ATOS the outcome - during this time some errors have been made by ATOS/DWP but have now been waiting for a home visit for an assessment since August (ATOS had agreed the claim to DWP in May but DWP had returned the file to ATOS for more info in June hence the medical assessment)

It has amazed me to learn that ATOS have been trying to find all this time a Doctor willing to do a home assessment and have recently learned that Doctors will only come to the area they live in - the staff at ATOS rattled off some postcodes and asked was that near me - upon checking I see that this is only 10miles away but apparently that is not near enough!

I was previously asked to go for a medical at their centre - if I was able to leave the home, I do not drive and according to their plan it would have meant many bus changes and a 2 hour journey further away in miles than the Doctor would have to come to me and Im the one that is ill!

a) I just thought you would like to know this info for your research and campaign
b) It really is causing me a lot of anxiety that I wait and wait for 10 months to hear a decision - my care worker has even written and explained what effect all the errors and problems are causing me but still nothing? should I be made to wait this long?

On a separate issue I noted a while back you wanted to know if anyone had been "threatened" with sanctions or loss of benefit - well just to let you know that during the 10 months I have been waiting I was told that as I waiting to be assessed my benefit can stop at any time - hence why my anxiety is so high and I just want this dealt with also on a couple of occasions have been I felt bullied into accepting an assessment at the clinic stating that if I didn't go I would loose my benefit - even though my Doctor had stated that a home visit was necessary due to my health problems.

Sorry this is long winded - I hope to hear from anyone with some comments and support - it would really help
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #114390 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Sharing some information and advice needed
peanut

Thank you for posting this information, the explanation of ATOS's home medical process is particularly interesting and explains a lot.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #114391 by chumsmum
Replied by chumsmum on topic Sharing some information and advice needed
I don't know whether I'm getting confused here but I've noted that Capita are doing the PIP assessments face to face in my area from October 2013 - does this also apply to esa on grounds of health assessments?

More
10 years 4 months ago #114392 by Gordon

peanut wrote: I don't know whether I'm getting confused here but I've noted that Capita are doing the PIP assessments face to face in my area from October 2013 - does this also apply to esa on grounds of health assessments?

No, ATOS continues to be the only company providing ESA assessments.

ATOS and Capita are providing PIP assessments, albeit in different areas, Capita appear to be aiming for most PIP assessments to be done in the claimants home, whereas ATOS are looking to do most at one of their offices.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #114422 by chumsmum
Replied by chumsmum on topic Sharing some information and advice needed
I've just been rung and offered this Saturday or sunday for an home assessment my nhs support worker does not work on weekend and said they wanted to be with me for my assessment - I've had to say no to the appointment - atos have said that they are finding it hard to find a doctor who will do it in the week?

Has anyone else been given a weekend appointment is this normal?

More
10 years 4 months ago #114424 by Gordon

peanut wrote: I've just been rung and offered this Saturday or sunday for an home assessment my nhs support worker does not work on weekend and said they wanted to be with me for my assessment - I've had to say no to the appointment - atos have said that they are finding it hard to find a doctor who will do it in the week?

Has anyone else been given a weekend appointment is this normal?

We have seen Saturday appointments for ESA, this is the fist one for PIP that I am aware of but it makes a degree of sense as it allows companions who work during the week to be available, unfortunately you are being caught out by this.

Be careful in rejecting a second appointment, our understanding is that claimants are only allowed two before their file will be returned to the DWP, although we not yet heard of an incident of this on the forum yet.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.