× Members

ESA WORK RELATED ACTIVITY GROUP

• belvoir
  • Topic Author
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #114396 by belvoir
ESA WORK RELATED ACTIVITY GROUP was created by belvoir
I have completed my forms to appeal about being placed in this group and have a supporting letter from my consultant. Today i had to attend my first work related interview which i am told i will have to continue to do unless i win my appeal.does anyone have any idea how long this takes and what is involved please
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #114397 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA WORK RELATED ACTIVITY GROUP

belvoir wrote: I have completed my forms to appeal about being placed in this group and have a supporting letter from my consultant. Today i had to attend my first work related interview which i am told i will have to continue to do unless i win my appeal.does anyone have any idea how long this takes and what is involved please

Appeal times can be very variable, from a couple of months at one extreme to the best part of a year at the other, I am including time for the DWP Reconsideration process in this as well as the waiting time for a hearing to be heard.

In regard to any activity you may be requested to perform, you should expect to have to continue to attend Work Focussed Interviews and you may be requested to participate in Work Related Activity, this may involve you completing activities such as writing an up to date CV or your attending courses to improve your skills in areas such as IT or interview technique.

The current policy is not to forward claimants to the Work Programme if they have appealed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #114404 by freefee
Replied by freefee on topic ESA WORK RELATED ACTIVITY GROUP
if you are found to be placed in WRAG, and are too ill to attend interview`s can you get a note from your dr to avoid them? or will they stop your benefits for non compliance? I ask because I have recently returned my questionnaire, I am in the support group at the moment, and if found to be in the WRAG this time I will appeal, obviously the same applies to training courses and work placement etc

More
10 years 4 months ago #114417 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA WORK RELATED ACTIVITY GROUP

freefee wrote: if you are found to be placed in WRAG, and are too ill to attend interview`s can you get a note from your dr to avoid them? or will they stop your benefits for non compliance? I ask because I have recently returned my questionnaire, I am in the support group at the moment, and if found to be in the WRAG this time I will appeal, obviously the same applies to training courses and work placement etc

Ideally you would need to get a letter from your GP explaining why you cannot perform the activity, failing that a Fit Note, but you need to be aware that these will not automatically excuse you from being required to perform the activity.

A Fit Note is simply a statement that the person is not Fit for Work, being in the WRAG, it is already accepted that the claimant has this status, so the note adds nothing to this, you need something that covers the Work Related Activity that you can be asked to do while in the WRAG.

Failing to participate in WRA can lead to your benefit being sanctioned, however, any activity that a claimant is asked to do must take into account any limitations that result from the claimants condition(s).

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #114418 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA WORK RELATED ACTIVITY GROUP

freefee wrote: if you are found to be placed in WRAG, and are too ill to attend interview`s can you get a note from your dr to avoid them? or will they stop your benefits for non compliance? I ask because I have recently returned my questionnaire, I am in the support group at the moment, and if found to be in the WRAG this time I will appeal, obviously the same applies to training courses and work placement etc

Hi ff,

If a claimant is placed into The WRAG, that means that they have been assessed as having Limited Capability for Work. (LCW)

This means that they are assessed as being "fit" enough to take part in Work Related Activity. (WRA)

To be exempt from WRA, the claimant must also be classed as having Limited Capaiblity for Work Related Activity, (LCWRA) which then places them into The SG, as you are at present.

WFI's can be deferred, carried out over the phone, or even in a claimant's home.

However, these options are purely at the discretion of the JC Plus Adviser, and are not a given right.

The JCP Adviser, and any Work Programme Providers are supposed to take each individual's medical conditions, disabilities and resulting limitations into account with WFI/WRA compliance.

A G.P. letter may therefore help, but there are no guarantees.

See :

Work Focused Interviews

The Work Programme

Changes to ESA Sanctions

Hopefully, you will remain in The SG, where WRA is totally voluntary.

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.