× Members

form ESA50

• shellyb
  • Topic Author
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #114440 by shellyb
form ESA50 was created by shellyb
hi just before my ESa tribunal which i won and was put into support for 2 years i received a new ESA50 form to fill in do i have to fill this in because it says on the letter from the court it says not to be reassed for 2 years i havent heard anything from the DWP about being put into the support even though the court emailed them that day to say i had been put in there :huh:
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #114442 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic form ESA50
Hi shelly,

It might be worth contacting DWP to check whether you need to go ahead with completing the new form. You will need to ask for a call-back from a supervisor in order to speak to anyone with any autonomous capacity. Unless you are told, in writing, that this is not necessary then I'm afraid that you should get the form completed and submitted in time.

ESA is actually an indefinite award and the time until reassessment does not form part of the decision. The tribunal are only able to recommend, DWP do not have to abide by that recommendation.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• AaronL
10 years 4 months ago #114445 by AaronL
Replied by AaronL on topic form ESA50
The tribunal may make a recommendation such as they recommend that the Department (the DWP) doesn't reassess someone for 2 years but the DWP don't necessarily have to abide by that recommendation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #114448 by slugsta

AaronL wrote: The tribunal may make a recommendation such as they recommend that the Department (the DWP) doesn't reassess someone for 2 years but the DWP don't necessarily have to abide by that recommendation.

Indeed. If they do, they count from the date of the original decision rather than that of the tribunal.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• shellyb
  • Topic Author
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #114449 by shellyb
Replied by shellyb on topic form ESA50
so not too contact Atos who sent the form but DWp somewhere else i didnt know this im not sure what the point of going through all the stress of a tribunal if they dont have to take the judges word and what if i fill in the form could they put me back into the WRAG because of form im getting quiet confused now
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by slugsta.

More
10 years 4 months ago #114451 by slugsta
It is DWP who initiate the reassessment, that is why you need to contact them. ATOS cannot actually make any decisions themselves, they have to follow what DWP tells them to do regarding reassessment.

The Tribunal has overturned the decision to put you into the WRAG but the length of the award does not form part of that decision so DWP make up their own mind about that.

Everyone will be reassessed at intervals and each reassessment will review the case from scratch. There are 3 possible outcomes each time - 'fit for work', ESA WRAG or ESA Support Group. So I'm afraid that it is possible for you to be put into the WRAG at reassessment, or even to be found 'fit for work'.

The Tribunal decision will run from the date of your original decision up until the date of the decision regarding your reassessment.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.