× Members

Advice request re PIP

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #114871 by Kaydee
Advice request re PIP was created by Kaydee
I read on here somewhere that after having had a decision made by the DWP regarding a claim for PIP that a claimant can request the paperwork and the reasons why the decision was made, there was a 'term' used to describe this request from the DWP, does anyone know what that term is
Thanks
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 4 months ago #114875 by
Replied by on topic Advice request re PIP

Kaydee wrote: I read on here somewhere that after having had a decision made by the DWP regarding a claim for PIP that a claimant can request the paperwork and the reasons why the decision was made, there was a 'term' used to describe this request from the DWP, does anyone know what that term is
Thanks

Hi Kd,

It is known as a Subject Access Request (SAR) :

SAR Form Download

From this page :

DWP Data Protection Policy

Which is covered by The Data Protection Act 1998.

See : www.ico.org.uk/for_the_public/personal_information

bro58

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #114877 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic Advice request re PIP
Are you referring to Mandatory Reconsideration where claimants will now be forced to have their claim reconsidered ( looked at again by a different Decision Maker) before they can lodge a formal appeal ?

This message contains confidential information

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law).

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #114895 by Mike F
Replied by Mike F on topic Advice request re PIP
I went to tribunal with my dla claim, I was treated like a criminal, and they agreed all my medical evidance was justified and correct, yet they refused me dla on a technicality that they tricked me into.
I wrote to my local mp "Tracy crouch" and explained my situation in full. She agreed that I was justified to claim dla and to make a new claim for pip Immeadiatly.
This I did, back in August. I've heard NOTHING from them to date, I amounted over £100 in phone calls trying to find out where my claim was in the system only to told, "do not call again, you're wasting your own time trying to hurry my claim up., and that it will be dealt with in time"
My mp "Tracy Crouch" has written to them twice on my behalf, only to be told the same thing....
So here I am. Four months later, with no money, still basically begging to keep a roof over my head and a little food in my belly!....
How can this even be allowed to happen?, and there are alot of ppl out there in the same position that are in an even worse condition than I....
Can someone pls pls pls give me an answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!....,..
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by .

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
10 years 4 months ago #114897 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic Advice request re PIP
You really need 'face to face' advice from a qualified benefits adviser who can access your case files, something that we cannot do.

If you 'Google' benefits advice and put in the city, town or post code of the area in which you live it should come up with a list of advisers in your area

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 4 months ago #114900 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic Advice request re PIP
I am afraid as noted elsewhere on the forum the DWP are very behind with introduction of PIP.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.