× Members

Advice request re PIP

• bro58
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #114901 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Advice request re PIP

Mike F wrote: I went to tribunal with my dla claim, I was treated like a criminal, and they agreed all my medical evidance was justified and correct, yet they refused me dla on a technicality that they tricked me into.
I wrote to my local mp "Tracy crouch" and explained my situation in full. She agreed that I was justified to claim dla and to make a new claim for pip Immeadiatly.
This I did, back in August. I've heard NOTHING from them to date, I amounted over £100 in phone calls trying to find out where my claim was in the system only to told, "do not call again, you're wasting your own time trying to hurry my claim up., and that it will be dealt with in time"
My mp "Tracy Crouch" has written to them twice on my behalf, only to be told the same thing....
So here I am. Four months later, with no money, still basically begging to keep a roof over my head and a little food in my belly!....
How can this even be allowed to happen?, and there are alot of ppl out there in the same position that are in an even worse condition than I....
Can someone pls pls pls give me an answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!....,..

Hi MF,

I am afraid that you are not alone in suffering a long delay with your PIP claim, many, many people are suffering the same fate. :(

It is not only normal PIP claimants, either, even terminally ill claimants who are supposed to be fast tracked through the claims process are suffering long delays :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/2517-pers...ys-top-civil-servant

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
10 years 4 months ago #114903 by bro58
Hi MF,

Possible sources of help can be seen from the links below :

Find Your Local Welfare Assistance Scheme

www.trusselltrust.org/map

bro58

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #114904 by Mike F
Replied by Mike F on topic Advice request re PIP
Thanks for any and all advice guys, I'm totally at a loss as to why my case seems to be taking sooo long to process...
I know the whole dla/pip transition is taking much longer than everyone anticipated, but to be basically told to just go away and wait is not exceptable in this day and age....
I can only imagine that huge numbers of genuine cases are being delayed and a huge amount of disabled people are at their wits end....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)

• bro58
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #114906 by bro58

Mike F wrote: Thanks for any and all advice guys, I'm totally at a loss as to why my case seems to be taking sooo long to process...
I know the whole dla/pip transition is taking much longer than everyone anticipated, but to be basically told to just go away and wait is not exceptable in this day and age....
I can only imagine that huge numbers of genuine cases are being delayed and a huge amount of disabled people are at their wits end....

Hi MF,

I can only recall a couple of our members who have actually received a PIP decision thus far.

Long delays are also discussed on these rightsnet threads :

www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/5303/

www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/5663/

www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/5501/

www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/4676/

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by bro58. Reason: Added extra rightsnet links.

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #114907 by Mike F
Replied by Mike F on topic Advice request re PIP
Rest assured, when/if I manage to qualify for pip I will be back in the forum jumping up and down (in my mind of course) lol...
To be serious, this site, and all you guys here giving out advice are fantastic!...
Thanks again for all your help guys xxx

• bro58
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #114908 by bro58

Mike F wrote: Rest assured, when/if I manage to qualify for pip I will be back in the forum jumping up and down (in my mind of course) lol...
To be serious, this site, and all you guys here giving out advice are fantastic!...
Thanks again for all your help guys xxx

Cheers MF,

Your kind comments are much appreciated by all at B&W. :)

I do hope that you receive a decision sooner rather than later.

Please do return to give us an update.

Here is wishing you as happy a Christmas and New Year as possible. :)

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.