× Members

very early esa review

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #115051 by cathedral
very early esa review was created by cathedral
My husband was awarded esa back in march 2013. he's in the support group ( contribution based ) yesterday he received a new pack to fill in and i'm just wondering if this is extremely early. I'm sure he has to fill it all in again and i wonder if it's ok to put down the same information as last time. thanks for any replies
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #115056 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic very early esa review
Hi Winston,

As ESA50 forms are sent out 3-4 months ahead time, it looks as if your husband was given 12 months in the Support Group. This is on the short side but not excessively so (reassessment can actually happen at any time after 3 months has passed since the original decision).

I'm afraid that you do have to fill in this form and submit it on time, DWP make no allowances for Christmas and New Year. If you prefer, you can use the pdf version of the form.

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

You should provide all relevant information and evidence again, do not assume that DWP have any prior knowledge of your husband's case. As well as showing that his condition has not changed (or has worsened, if that is the case), you should also show that your husband has not been able to 'adapt' to his condition. Don't forget that the descriptors changed early last year, make sure that you take this into account when completing the ESA50

ESA claims and appeals

Please come back to this topic if/when you have further questions. You will find it easily in future if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser and we will have the advantage of keeping everything in one place :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: cathedral

More
10 years 4 months ago #115061 by cathedral
Replied by cathedral on topic very early esa review
thank you so much for the prompt reply. i did notice a change in the wording so i'm re-reading the form very carefully. I'm sure everyone experiences this stress. Not sure how to bookmark but i'll have a go. Thanks again!

• mrjohnno
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #115062 by mrjohnno
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #115063 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic very early esa review

mrjohnno wrote: They are not allowed to access the previous information given under the Data Protection Act 1998 unless it fits one of the eight criteria (it does but they chose to ignore it) or with a court order. I've sued them once but they just don't care. If they do it again with my ESA (IR) claim I'll sue them again. After costs such as flights back to the UK I was 600 quid better off, not to be sneezed at. There actions or rather lack of them is this regard are nothing short of criminal.

You will have to forgive me but I am not sure what point you are trying to make. :(

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: cathedral

• mrjohnno
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #115068 by mrjohnno
Replied by mrjohnno on topic very early esa review
They can have access to prior knowledge but refuse to do so for supposed legal reasons.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.