× Members

6 Month Wait For ESA Assessment.

More
10 years 3 months ago #115852 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic 6 Month Wait For ESA Assessment.
I can understand you wanting to get it over and done with particularly before your baby is due but you should continue to get paid so I would put it out of your mind. Of course this is easier said than done! You will not necessarily have to wait much longer it is very much a how long is a piece of string situation at the moment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: whisper

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #115853 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic 6 Month Wait For ESA Assessment.
Good advice Gordon!

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #115858 by whisper
Replied by whisper on topic 6 Month Wait For ESA Assessment.
I mentioned it to my GP again last week but she didn't offer any sort of response other than a little verbal sympathy; I was hoping there might be some medication she could give me to at least deal with the day (when it happens), if not the lead up to it, but her response was that I must not take anything that could harm my baby right now. A point blank refusal of medication and she passed over the whole thing to talk about how I feel otherwise. So that was the end of the whole ATOS conversation.

She mentioned contact from ATOS somehow when we spoke in December to me but I didn't ask more and can't recall her exact words, so I am only assuming they've been in touch already. But this was only a few days after I sent the form back, maybe a week.

She had told me a year ago that although they fill in the forms that come their way, no-one ever passes the test and she said we just appeal it. That never happened because they put me in support for 12 months.

I will try to bring it up again next time I see her though, thanks for the advice. I think my GP just wants me to forget it and try to relax a bit like Puccalove's advice, but everyone knows it's impossible to completely forget, waiting for that horrible envelope to appear. I feel like I have the plague symbol painted on my door with the postman :laugh:
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 3 months ago #115862 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic 6 Month Wait For ESA Assessment.
whisper

It never ceases to surprise me how little understanding most GPs have of the ESA process, when it affects so many of their patients.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: whisper

More
10 years 3 months ago #115907 by Derekq
Replied by Derekq on topic 6 Month Wait For ESA Assessment.
Whisper
I wish you all the very best in getting some help from your GP, worth being direct with your GP if you have tried the gentle approch already.

I had a GP that was always smileing and cheerfull when I went to the surgery until the day I mentioned "ATOS" and "esa50" to the GP suddenly the smiles and cheery face dissapeared in a second.

I am convinced that the powers that be have had a quite word in the ears of all GP's and scared them of from writeing supporting letters on our behalves, maybe there are a few GP's that wont be told what to do but there are not many that will help us.

GP's have too much to lose.

Gordon.
My thoughts are that GP's fully understand the esa machine and how it has caused so much further stress and illness for so many as these very patients are walking into there surgerys every day with the problems caused by the very system.

GP's have to much to lose, there very well paid positions and there good pensions

I wonder if any GP's read this forum ??? you can bet people connected with the esa system read this forum.

Regards, Derek.

• RachelPotter
  • Topic Author
10 years 3 months ago #116408 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic 6 Month Wait For ESA Assessment.
Hi, I went for my medical assessment. When I got there I was told I would have to wait for at least an hour. I was feeling very anxious but found a corner on my own to sit it out. After around thirty minutes I was called to the desk and told that they couldn't see me as three assessors were away.

I have now received another appointment, for February 13th. I was feeling very bad before the last one and now have to go through it all again. :(

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.