× Members

6 Month Wait For ESA Assessment.

• James Abbott
10 years 3 months ago #115698 by James Abbott
Replied by James Abbott on topic 6 Month Wait For ESA Assessment.
Hello, The wait time for the six ATOS assessments I have had has always been no longer then three months maximum. I think it all depends on the back log and the area were you live.

My last ATOS assessment was on 25th/10/2013, I received a confusing award letter from the DWP only five days later, I telephoned the DWP, and they told me that I am to be left in the support group for another three years.

Every-time I go to an ATOS assessment it gets harder and harder, the last time i was ridiculed and totally stripped of my dignity, and even ended up crying at the assessment. I have not left my home since because of this. It's hard for me as, I have no family or friends for support.

In future I will have my ATOS assessment reordered, but to be honest, I don't think I can face another ATOS assessment.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #115702 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic 6 Month Wait For ESA Assessment.
I think you are right James that the wait time depends on things like where you live. Congratulations on staying in the support group. I think your experience of the assessment is unfortunately not uncommon. Having your next assessment recorded is a good idea if you can. By the way is your forum name your real name? You might want to change this. Info on how to do this is available in the FAQs.

More
10 years 3 months ago #115709 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic 6 Month Wait For ESA Assessment.
Also James welcome to the forum and I hope you find the guides helpful!

• AaronL
10 years 3 months ago #115726 by AaronL
Replied by AaronL on topic 6 Month Wait For ESA Assessment.

RachelPotter wrote: Hello, long time no speak! Hope all are happy and surviving. xxx

I had an ESA50 which I filled in and sent back for June 23rd. It took until the end of December to get back in touch with me and my Assessment is tomorrow.

Is this the normal waiting time now?

Best wishes,
Rachel x

My clients are usually waiting up to 3 months, it does depend on which area you live in but also if a medical report from your GP has been requested it can lengthen the delay in getting an assessment.

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #115844 by whisper
Replied by whisper on topic 6 Month Wait For ESA Assessment.
My heart sank when I read this. I was expecting an assessment date by now, once their Christmas break had finished. The ESA50 form was returned well over a month ago and my award is now over 12 months old. By the end of March I will be over 33 weeks pregnant. The wait is killing me, every day my heart sinks when the postman drops letters yet I know that this is better done with right now and not delayed until later. I don't want to go through the trauma of panic and anxiety attacks and the terrible mental state I reach in the days leading up to the assessment, when my pregnancy is more advanced. I'm bad enough now with the suspense. My baby is already responding to the external world outside, I really don't want her exposed to my state. My GP will not prescribe me anything to 'help' because I am pregnant.

On the other hand I am too scared (and find it difficult) to contact ATOS and ask them to prioritise my assessment; like everyone else I'd obviously prefer it if it all just went away and left me alone in some form of peace. :(
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 3 months ago #115851 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic 6 Month Wait For ESA Assessment.
Whisper

You could speak to your GP about the assessment, assuming they agree with you, they could write to ATOS about the effect your distress is having on your baby, this may prompt ATOS to give you an early assessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: whisper

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.