× Members

Mandatory Reconsideration

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116064 by Gumboots
Mandatory Reconsideration was created by Gumboots
Hi All
Received Mandatory Reconsideration letter, what exactly is it all about? It also includes 'The Employment and Allowance Award' on the last page, I contacted them and they said they were obliged to inform us of the small increase in the rate. I am seeing an 'OT' at the moment but I was informed my next assessment is due in September. Is this likely to trigger anything??

Many thanks
Banty
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #116068 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic Mandatory Reconsideration
So I'm assuming you have asked for a reconsideration and have been sent a form to fill in. You need to fill it in and explain why you are unhappy with their decision. You can use extra sheets if you need to but make sure you put your NI no. on them. If you need help filling in the form you can go to a CAB. I am assuming you are on the WRAG so you will need to see which Support Group criteria you fulfill. You will be regularly assessed to see if you are still entitled to ESA and at what rate.

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116069 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic Mandatory Reconsideration
It means before you can submit a formal appeal against a decision, the DWP force you to have your decision looked at again, hence it's called Mandatory Reconsideration.

Not the same as you requesting a reconsideration.

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law).

More
10 years 3 months ago #116071 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Mandatory Reconsideration

Banty wrote: Hi All
Received Mandatory Reconsideration letter, what exactly is it all about? It also includes 'The Employment and Allowance Award' on the last page, I contacted them and they said they were obliged to inform us of the small increase in the rate. I am seeing an 'OT' at the moment but I was informed my next assessment is due in September. Is this likely to trigger anything??

Many thanks
Banty

Any Decision on your claim, either in regard the award or the payments you receive, can in principle be challenged, a change in the rules for appeals mean that a Reconsideration by the DWP must be carried out first, before an appeal can be made, the leaflet will be in connection to this, it will not trigger a new re-assessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 3 months ago #116072 by Gumboots
Replied by Gumboots on topic Mandatory Reconsideration
Hi Jim

No I am in the support group from Aug_13, and this has just landed on the doorstep!! I have no idea what it's about?

I've not asked for anything to be reconsidered

Banty

More
10 years 3 months ago #116073 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Mandatory Reconsideration
Banty

Please see my reply above.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.