× Members

Mandatory Reconsideration

More
10 years 3 months ago #116074 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic Mandatory Reconsideration
It's probably just a mistake then but best to phone them just in case to find out why it's been sent to you. There should be a number on the letter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
10 years 3 months ago #116075 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic Mandatory Reconsideration
Hi Banty,

I do not deal with ESA, my expertise is DLA/PIP and appeals.

Mandatory reconsiderations apply to both DLA & ESA, so perhaps one of the moderators with good knowledge of ESA can explain things to you.

Good luck.

Jim

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 3 months ago #116076 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic Mandatory Reconsideration
Oh I see what Gordon means its probably just a leaflet explaining the process to you becuase of a change in your payments. You can just ignore.

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116079 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic Mandatory Reconsideration
From my experience both as a WRO and when I was a DLA Tribunal Member, Mandatory Reconsiderations were only introduced to prolong the appeals process. If a claimant submitted an appeal, then before it was sent to the Tribunals Service to be actioned, it was always reconsidered by a more senior Decision Maker.

Introducing Mandatory Reconsideration will in the final analysis prolong the Appeals procedure.

When I retired as a DLA Tribunal Member for the North West Region, we were hearing appeals within six weeks of receipt from the DWP. Now in the NW, the wait is around six months, and introducing Mandatory Reconsideration can only lengthen that period, which is exactly what Iain Duncan Smith wanted. No doubt his military education at Sandhurst equipped him for the post of Secretary of State for Work & Pensions :evil:

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law).

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.