× Members

Speaking at ATOS F2F

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116222 by MariW
Replied by MariW on topic Speaking at ATOS F2F
Thank you for that wealth of information, Gordon. It is not the claimant with whom I’m in contact but I’ll print out this thread for her and the former colleague who would attend an assessment with her and can both describe limitations due to the tic disorder and speak about vocal tics from the position of a co-worker. I think a case could be made for Regulation 35 even from the little I know about the claimant.

You mention writing a letter to ATOS and the DWP stating special requirements at a F2F. There is a section on the ESA 50 for this information. A copy of the form will be sent to the DM. Do you think a more formal letter stating special requirements and requesting reasonable adjustments ought to be submitted ought to be submitted to ATOS with the ESA 50 and copied to the DM? I’d value this information for my own claim as well as the tricky case I’ve described here.

Mari
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #116226 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Speaking at ATOS F2F
MariW

I would write a separate letter in addition to completing the ESA50 section.

The point of the letter is not particularly to ensure that there is a suitable adjustment, although it should help with this, but to ensure that claimants unwillingness to talk is not seen as a failure to participate in the interview, it is why I also recommend a copy is sent to the DWP also.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 3 months ago #116232 by MariW
Replied by MariW on topic Speaking at ATOS F2F
Thanks again, Gordon. I'll pass on your advice. I hope that when the claimant and her former colleague read this thread the claimant decide to try to speak at an F2F. It would demonstrate the severity of the tics and their increase when she is struggling to speak normally.

MW

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.