× Members

Still employed but been placed in wrag?? What happ

• Steve Byrne
  • Topic Author
10 years 3 months ago #116166 by Steve Byrne
Hi new on here so sorry if it's already been discussed but here goes..... I'm still employed but on the works phi scheme, can no longer do my job with my RA, so here's the question I've been placed on the wrag, but still employed, so if I start training or looking for alternative work I'll lose my phi money and then be worse off, so what use/help is the jobcentre gonna give apart from telling me I won't get anymore esa after June??? I've only been in my job for 24.5 years so it's not like I don't like work....it seems totally unfair poss illegal to stop sickness benefit to normal working married people...... Which means cos my wife works she'll have to support us both.....

Seems like a rant but it's crazy.....bleeding government/atos......

Thanks

Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #116170 by slugsta
Hi steve,

This is a situation that comes up occasionally and is, as you say, rather daft. People on WRAG are expected to take part in Work Related Activites in order to receive payment. Like anyone else, you cannot be expected to apply for, or undertake, paid work.

Once 365 days in WRAG is reached, payment will cease and, if not entitled to income-related ESA, so will the obligation to undertake work related activities.

As an aside, it seems that your username might be your real name. Many people prefer to use an alias in order to maintain an element of anonymity. If you wish to change your username you can do so by following the advice in this FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steve Byrne

More
10 years 3 months ago #116171 by Puccalove
Welcome to the forum and I hope you find the site helpful. You will not be expected to look for paid work. You will have to attend work focused interviews as part of the work programme. You may be asked to do some training and voluntary work.

More
10 years 3 months ago #116173 by Puccalove
I agree the time limiting of CB ESA is one of the worst aspects of the welfare reforms.

• Steve Byrne
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #117946 by Steve Byrne
Replied by Steve Byrne on topic Still employed but been placed in wrag?? What happ
I'm trying to find the guides about making the atos med report "unfit for purpose" any ideas??? Certain links come up as errors!!!!! I remember something about consistent,fair,impairtial, and concise......none apply to my med report.......any pointers to discredit report great fully received

Cheers
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 1 month ago #117947 by Gordon

Kept soul!! wrote: I'm trying to find the guides about making the atos med report "unfit for purpose" any ideas??? Certain links come up as errors!!!!! I remember something about consistent,fair,impairtial, and concise......none apply to my med report.......any pointers to discredit report great fully received

Cheers

The only way for the medical report to be declared Unfit for purpose is for you to make a formal complaint to ATOS and for them to declare it as such. This does happen but not very often and they work to their own timescales which might not fit with your in regard to challenging the Decision.

If you are looking to challenge a Decision on your ESA claim then your first priority is showing that you meet the criteria for the WRAG or the Support Group as applicable, as this is the only way that the award you are looking for will be made. Challenging the contents of the report is important, but doing so on it's own will only result in a new medical being carried out which may still not find in your favour.

Complaining to ATOS Healthcare

I note that you are a relatively new user so you may not have used our ESA Claim guides to fill in your ESA50, this being the case I would recommend that you spend some time looking through them, they will help you prepare a case to show that you do meet the criteria and also dispute the medical report.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.