× Members

ESA85S ?

• noel
  • Topic Author
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116538 by noel
ESA85S ? was created by noel
Dear B and W. I was re-assessed for ESA and remain in the S.G. I telephoned DWP and was told the prognosis is for two years.
Following your advice I wrote in for a SAR.
The information came back with an enclosed copy of ESA85S 1of 1. ESA85 1 of 7, and LT54.
The LT54 states that at least one of the descriptors in schedule 3 regs apply and that I have scored 15 points from the appropriate descriptors.

I wondered why there is no record of a prognosis in these documents that I have received, when I was told over the phone it was for two years, also what is the EAS85S please,
thank you .
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #116542 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA85S ?

noel wrote: Dear B and W. I was re-assessed for ESA and remain in the S.G. I telephoned DWP and was told the prognosis is for two years.
Following your advice I wrote in for a SAR.
The information came back with an enclosed copy of ESA85S 1of 1. ESA85 1 of 7, and LT54.
The LT54 states that at least one of the descriptors in schedule 3 regs apply and that I have scored 15 points from the appropriate descriptors.

I wondered why there is no record of a prognosis in these documents that I have received, when I was told over the phone it was for two years, also what is the EAS85S please,
thank you .

Does the ESA85 say something like "return to work not expected in the long term" then this will have been used to set the re-assessment date.

I have to say hat I thought the ESA85S was dead, it is completed by the ATOS assessor and is supposed to be a justification of their recommendations in the ESA85, it should be produced for all assessments but we have not heard of one being done for at least a year.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• noel
  • Topic Author
10 years 3 months ago #116546 by noel
Replied by noel on topic ESA85S ?
Thank you Gordon for your very fast reply, it is very much appreciated :)
The ESA85 does indeed state " The evidence suggests improvement is unlikely in the longer term"
Also you are correct it was the ATOS HCP that has completed the ESA85S.
But if there is no mention in the ATOS HCP reports of a prognosis, where has the DWP decision maker got the two years from ?

Thank you.

• noel
  • Topic Author
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116552 by noel
Hello again Gordon,
Do the DWP not have to reveal to you which S.G descriptors you have scored the appropriate points for ?
I forgot to ask you before, sorry.
Thank you.

More
10 years 3 months ago #116558 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA85S ?
Noel

The phrase you posted is used to set the re-assessment period as either two or three years.

There should, but may not be a reference to the which SG Descriptor(s) you met on the ESA85 and/or an LT54 if one exists. The referencing system is not the same as the ESA50 or the Legislation, go figure, but is explained in the WCA Handbook, there is a copy in the Members Only area.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• noel
  • Topic Author
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116559 by noel
Hi, sorry I do not understand " go figure " ?
Thanks.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.