× Members

ESA85S ?

• bro58
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116560 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA85S ?

noel wrote: Hi, sorry I do not understand " go figure " ?
Thanks.

Hi N,

In other words, it's an anomaly, or as we might say OOP North, "work that one out then" ? :)

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• noel
  • Topic Author
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116561 by noel
Replied by noel on topic ESA85S ?
LOL, I am in the north, but didn't understand.
Thanks bro.
I suppose I will have to make do with what I have for the next assessment coming, I just wanted to try and gather all information to be ready for it, it would have been better to know which descriptors and how many points were used in my case. But the HCP has done a good assessment, the ESA85S is very detailed indeed.

Thanks.

• bro58
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116562 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA85S ?

noel wrote: LOL, I am in the north, but didn't understand.
Thanks bro.
I suppose I will have to make do with what I have for the next assessment coming, I just wanted to try and gather all information to be ready for it, it would have been better to know which descriptors and how many points were used in my case. But the HCP has done a good assessment, the ESA85S is very detailed indeed.

Thanks.

O.K. N, :laugh:

Yes, The ESA85S is otherwise known as a Personalised Summary Statement, (PSS) and is an add-on to the ESA85 Medical Report, where the ATOS HCP justifies their recommendations.

There is nothing wrong with writing a letter, in the form of a SAR, and asking the particular question.

i.e. Which of the SG Descriptors were applied in making the SG decision ?

From Page 133 of The WCA Handbook :

"3.10.1.2 Advice that engagement in work is unlikely In the Longer Term.

Where at assessment you find a substantial degree of functional impairment resulting from a serious medical problem which is chronic or will inevitably deteriorate further, even with optimal treatment, you should select "in the longer term".

For example it may be appropriate to apply “in the longer term” to someone with a progressive neurological condition.

Or, in the case of a young adult with a very significant degree of learning disability, who scores where cognitive impairment in a number of functional areas mean that he requires a high level of support, you may feel that all management and support strategies have been exhausted and further adaptation is unlikely to occur.

You would then reasonably advise a “in the longer term” prognosis."

So in the longer term is the maximum prognosis that can be advised by The HCP, this usually means that the DM will give a prognosis of 2-3 years.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.