× Members

Help! Atos Friday. Asperger's , Dyslexia, ME/CFS .

• delyons@hotmail.com
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 3 months ago #116835 by delyons@hotmail.com
Replied by delyons@hotmail.com on topic Help! Atos Friday. Asperger's , Dyslexia, ME/CFS .
that's very helpful

it perhaps also explains why there are no recorded instances on the site when I searched the term 'Asperger's'

It seems I can rest assured that I will derive no actual benefit to functioning in the world from the assessment !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #116836 by Gordon
d@h

The guides are available on the following direct link

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa

and are under the heading "ESA Claims and Appeals - Current forms".

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: delyons@hotmail.com

• delyons@hotmail.com
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 3 months ago #116839 by delyons@hotmail.com
Replied by delyons@hotmail.com on topic Help! Atos Friday. Asperger's , Dyslexia, ME/CFS .
that's very helpful

it perhaps also explains why there are no recorded instances on the site when I searched the term 'Asperger's'

It seems I can rest assured that I will derive no actual benefit to functioning in the world from the assessment !

• delyons@hotmail.com
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116840 by delyons@hotmail.com
looks like i have a lot more reading to do!
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116841 by bro58

delyons@hotmail.com wrote: looks like i have a lot more reading to do!

Hi,

Just to clarify,

When an ESA Works Capability Assessment (WCA), is carried out, it assesses your limitations as a result of a medical condition, and not the medical condition itself.

e.g. One person who suffers from Aspergers may have completely different limitations to another who suffers with the same condition.

They may also have learned to cope and adapt better to said limitations. These facts will be taken into account when being assessed.

If at all possible, it may be advisable to go through the guides and qualifying criteria with your Support Person.

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris