× Members

esa50 special delivery to atos and decision maker

More
10 years 2 months ago #117136 by Gordon

DeusExMacintosh wrote: Uh, don't promise that. I sent my ESA50 special delivery to the ATOS address, it arrived the day before the due date, was redirected to arrive *ON* the given date and yet the DWP still claimed it was late, cancelled my existing claim (support group) and declared me Fit for Work!

Thanks to them sending the notification second class, I didn't find out for another week.

Unfortunately, ATOS may still take the view that the ESA50 is late if it is not registered on their systems in time, but as you found out on your own claim, the proof of delivery was sufficient to have your claim re-instated.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #117155 by alfwithair58
Replied by alfwithair58 on topic esa50 special delivery to atos and decision maker
Well all will be revealed by the morning.
Money either there or its not there.
But knowing our luck its won't be.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #125327 by alfwithair58
Replied by alfwithair58 on topic esa50 special delivery to atos and decision maker
Well after 7 months and 2 weeks since sending back my wifes ESA50 reassesment form, she today got a reply.
It just says
We have looked at your claim again following a recent change.
What the change is we don't know.
Is this what a award renewal letter is headed?

Another thing that doesnt quite add up is the way the benefit is calculated. Living expensi

It say the amounts apply from 11 april 14 to 27 nov 14.

Living expences £72.40
Disability income guarantee £94.75
Extra for support group £35.75

Then says total income related amount £171.80, which is what we get now, but unless my maths is rearly rubbish the above elements add up to more than that, so makes no sense.
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

More
9 years 7 months ago #125330 by Gordon
alfwithhair

This is a Payment Letter although it would suggest that you have remained in the Support Group, so congratulations :)

They did something similar on my latest letter, in your case they have added (again) the personal allowance (£72.40) to the Enhanced Disability Premium for Couples (£22.35) to get the £94.75, I assume that they have somehow managed to remove it again later on in the letter.

This does not constitute a Decision Letter as it does not specify what the Decision is and when it applies from, you are entitled to proper written notification of the Decision.

I would contact the DWP and ask for a formal Decision Letter to be issued and a corrected Payment Letter.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #125332 by bro58
Hi awh,

Well done on The SG Award !! :cheer:

Gordon is correct, you are entitled to a proper Decision Notice letter.

If you are going to telephone The DWP :

ESA PHONE NUMBER DWP : 0345 608 8545 Press Option 3 for ESA.

Ring as early as possible AM.

Have a look at the post below on how to request ESA documentation which may be useful at your next reassessment :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...=10&id=101933#124636

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by bro58.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #125336 by alfwithair58
Thanks guys, will do as you suggest.

is the 27 nov 14 on the letter significant at all?

Not going to reassess again then are they?
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.