× Members

ESA50 10/13 Form

• Doms
  • Topic Author
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117428 by Doms
ESA50 10/13 Form was created by Doms
Hi, received ESA50 10/13 ATOS Questionnaire and thought I wouldn't have too many problems filling it in as I had downloaded latest October ESA Mental Health Guide from the members section. However, the ESA50 Questionnaire I was sent has no descriptors and has yes/no/it varies boxes to tick. I have found the downloaded guide therefore not so clear as it includes the old descriptors and points assigned to them and no indication of points for the yes/no/it varies box system now in place. I apologise if I have overlooked something or there is a more up to date guide but I have a week to return the questionnaire and was hopeful the download would be up to date. I am autistic with PTSD and BPD so getting this wrong is very worrying. Any guidance welcome. Unable to go to local welfare advice centre and the only other advice centre asked me to complete the questionaire and they would check it so feel a tad on my own with this one. A chargeable telephone or email advice system can't arrive soon enough for people like me with very little ability to maintain focus or concentration and the stress of ticking the wrong boxes. Thank you though for the advice on the mental health questions as this is going to make it a tad easier to complete. Many thanks.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #117429 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA50 10/13 Form
Hi Doms,

I am sorry that this has confused and upset you. Our guides explain the descriptors relating to ESA and the way points are scored. The questions on the ESA50 reflect this but the form does not have the descriptors and scores on it. The guides explain how to fil in the form, when to answer yes/no/it varies.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Doms

• bro58
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117431 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA50 10/13 Form
Hi D,

Just to add to MHB's comments,

Have you considered :

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

Whilst referring to the guides under the heading of "ESA Claims and Appeals - Current forms"

On this page :

ESA Claims Guides

See also :

How long do I have to complete the ESA50?

ESA50 too big for the envelope

&

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

The best way to approach this is to go through each question, and refer to the corresponding section of our guides.

If you feel that none of the tick box options are applicable to your own limitations, do not feel obliged to tick them.

Instead you could write a comment such as "none of the tick box options are applicable, please see below" then go into detail in the text box below.

You can always add extra A4 pages and refer to them in response to the relevant question.

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by bro58.

• Doms
  • Topic Author
10 years 2 months ago #117432 by Doms
Replied by Doms on topic ESA50 10/13 Form
Hi Hurtyback, anyone out there wanting to start a chargeable independent telephone/email service on all these bloody forms for those of us with autism who can't seem to gain support through welfare advice in our towns and cities. I can see a gap in the market that's for sure.

• Doms
  • Topic Author
10 years 2 months ago #117433 by Doms
Replied by Doms on topic ESA50 10/13 Form
Thank you both for your replies but I can still see a gap in the market for a chargeable telephone/email service for those of us with autism. :S

More
10 years 2 months ago #117434 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA50 10/13 Form

Doms wrote: Hi Hurtyback, anyone out there wanting to start a chargeable independent telephone/email service on all these bloody forms for those of us with autism who can't seem to gain support through welfare advice in our towns and cities. I can see a gap in the market that's for sure.

Don't think I could take the strain Dom! :unsure:

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Doms

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.