× Members

pip medical abroad ...

More
10 years 1 month ago #119268 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip medical abroad ...
Ian

From what I can find an E213 form is an EEC form for medical incapacity as such it is not a DWP form and does not appear to be specific to either ESA or PIP.

Whilst we can provide support on the Descriptors and assessment related Regulations for claiming ESA and PIP while abroad, we do not provide support in regard to eligibility for claiming benefits abroad or the assessment process that the DWP use in regard to claimants abroad.

The following Gov UK page has some details of how they are managing PIP transfers for claimants abroad.

www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-p...-for-specific-groups

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ian
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #119320 by ian
Replied by ian on topic pip medical abroad ...
gordon,you are correct in saying the e213 forms are for eec incapacity medicals and esa here in spain,from what i have seen the forms are sent from madrid i did think the first time away back 2005 they came from the dwp but as i saw they were in spanish i put 2 and 2 together
2013 they were used for my change from incapacity to esa .
i was told by a helper in the royal british legion in the uk about the pip claim they helped me with my esa back in 2013
am just mystified as too why the dwp/pip did not accept my esa medical in the first place! especially after seeing the eec 213 forms on the doctors desk the other day!
all am going to do is sit and wait for dwp/pip to respond to the doctors report here.i wont phone and make the balloon bigger and confuse them more than what it is.
ijust hope my esa medical which is due in feb 2015 is as easy as they were in 2013 /2005
blw it is only the daily living part i can claim i was told by the mobility is a no no,which is another puzzle maybe you can answer why cant people abroad not claim this,i ask as my medical condition would cover 90% of being able to get it!
:blink:
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 1 month ago #119326 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip medical abroad ...
Ian

The DWP have stated that because of the difference in assessment criteria that ESA medical reports cannot be used in regard to PIP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.