× Members

ESA Interview

More
10 years 1 month ago #119486 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic ESA Interview
Also you may wish to ask if the assessor has any qualification or expereince around the area of mental health. There is a good chance they will not and whilst this will be of no benefit at the time it may be of interest if you have to appeal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #119489 by welshgrl
Replied by welshgrl on topic ESA Interview
Hi Puccalove
He is very paranoid about strangers and has strong delusions about people. He can potentially be aggressive towards people and can damage property. His psychosis is resistant to anti-psychotic medication and this has been documented by his psychiatrist.
To say I am dreading taking him to an interview is an understatement. I am worried sick about it and hope they say we have given enough evidence for the support group.

Kaz

More
10 years 1 month ago #119490 by welshgrl
Replied by welshgrl on topic ESA Interview
To be honest I hope they have two people there because there is no way on earth i will be able to control him if he kicks off. :(

Kaz

More
10 years 1 month ago #119500 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic ESA Interview
I think you will want to make this very clear to them in advance. You may wish to send them more info regarding this if it was not stressed in the original documentation. I hope any letters from doctors would have mentioned this. If not you may want to get evidence regarding this aspect of his condition. You could also request that he is seen by someone with experience in mental illness although this will not guarantee that they would do this.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.