× Members

Blue badge and pip

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #119487 by Mags
Blue badge and pip was created by Mags
Hi

Couple of things, firstly I just want to say thanks for all the advice you give, using what you say I filled in my application for a blue badge and posted it 22 March, sending as much medical evidence, I only get LRM, and got my badge this morning.

On that I can walk but it's painful all the time, and very slow, so hubby says why not have a review for change of circumstances, this sounds okay but I am in a pip area so would have to face pip and to be honest I'm not ready yet but would it be worth contemplating at some time?

Many thanks
Mags
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #119492 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Blue badge and pip

Mags wrote: Hi

Couple of things, firstly I just want to say thanks for all the advice you give, using what you say I filled in my application for a blue badge and posted it 22 March, sending as much medical evidence, I only get LRM, and got my badge this morning.

On that I can walk but it's painful all the time, and very slow, so hubby says why not have a review for change of circumstances, this sounds okay but I am in a pip area so would have to face pip and to be honest I'm not ready yet but would it be worth contemplating at some time?

Many thanks
Mags

If you are in an active PIP area then I would expect any report of a Change of Circumstances which would effect your DLA award, to result in an invitation to claim PIP, once such an invitation has been issues there is no way for a claimant to retain their DLA award.

The PIP Mobility criteria are widely viewed as being far more strict than the DLA ones so you should be certain that not only do you qualify for the Enhanced rate, but that you would still retain your existing award (Standard rate).

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mags

More
10 years 1 month ago #119497 by Mags
Replied by Mags on topic Blue badge and pip
Hi Gordon,

Thanks for the reply I'm quite confident of keeping the LRM as I get lost in places I don't know, can in some I do too :unsure: , but I had esa last year and need some rest from hassle, which I suppose I'm answering my own question so thanks for the help.

Mags

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #119498 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic Blue badge and pip

Mags wrote: Hi

Many thanks
Mags

Hi Mags,

You only need 8 points under PIP mobility to qualify for a Blue Badge.

See Blue Badge Improvement Service

However, for DLA, I know many claimants who only have DLA LRM, and quite a few with no DLA who currently qualify for a Blue Badge, because they have supportive evidence from their GP or an Occupational Therapist. As you have your Blue Badge, my advice would be to leave things as they are.

Best regards.

Jim
Retired Welfare Rights Officer & former DLA Tribunal Member.

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law). Reason: Added information.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mags

More
10 years 1 month ago #119502 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic Blue badge and pip
I believe in order to automatically qualify for a Blue Badge when receiving the Standard rate of the PIP mobility component one has to have scored at least 8 points on the 'Moving Around' question and cannot add in points scored on the 'Going Out' question. So if you recieved 4 points on one and 4 points on the other in order to recieve the Standard rate Mobility, for example, I do not think you would automatically qualify. But could have got this wrong?

More
10 years 1 month ago #119503 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Blue badge and pip
No Puccalove, I believe you are correct.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Puccalove

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.