× Members

ESA score

More
10 years 4 weeks ago - 10 years 4 weeks ago #119588 by tonisdad
ESA score was created by tonisdad
Can anybody please tell me how long it takes for DWP to get back to me when I have requested information on how my score was arrived at at my ESA medical.
Thank you
Last edit: 10 years 4 weeks ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 weeks ago #119592 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA score
Hi tonisdad,

I think DWP are currently taking much longer to do everything! How long ago did you make your request? Did you submit a formal Subject Access Request? If so DWP have 40 days to comply. Otherwise I don't think there is any specific timescale in which they have to respond.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: tonisdad

More
10 years 4 weeks ago - 10 years 4 weeks ago #119604 by tonisdad
Replied by tonisdad on topic ESA score
Mrs Hurtyback
Thanks for reply. We asked about 4 weeks ago by telephone. It was for my wife who was put straight into ESA support group as she suffers from hypermobility syndrome and connected issues.
In fact we were flabbergasted that she got straight into support group we thought there would be one big battle to get there.
I can only think it was because we gave loads of information about her condition before she attended the medical AS ADVISED ON HERE THANK YOU.
We now want to claim PIP but would like to see how the ESA descision was arrived at before doing so in case we miss something out.
Thank you
Last edit: 10 years 4 weeks ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 4 weeks ago #119609 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA score

tonisdad wrote: Mrs Hurtyback
Thanks for reply. We asked about 4 weeks ago by telephone. It was for my wife who was put straight into ESA support group as she suffers from hypermobility syndrome and connected issues.
In fact we were flabbergasted that she got straight into support group we thought there would be one big battle to get there.
I can only think it was because we gave loads of information about her condition before she attended the medical AS ADVISED ON HERE THANK YOU.
We now want to claim PIP but would like to see how the ESA descision was arrived at before doing so in case we miss something out.
Thank you

If it is four weeks since you made the request, I would assume that the DWP have lost it! I would now issue a Subject Access Request for the information

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/request-for-personal-information.rtf

From this page :

www.dwp.gov.uk/privacy-policy/data-protection/

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta, tonisdad

More
10 years 3 weeks ago - 10 years 3 weeks ago #119774 by tonisdad
Replied by tonisdad on topic ESA score
Hello
Finally got the Medical Report after phoning again and been asked by some obnoxious jobsworth why we wanted it when wife was already in support group. The person was told in no uncertain terms it had nothing to do with her and it was our legal right. We asked to be put through to a superior and after relaying the rudeness of the original operative lo and behold we received the report next day.
In the report it says on the first line under the heading advice:
I advise that the client meets support group criteria as they have severe functional disability.
I would like to ask you good people does that satisfy a particular descriptor or has she got in support group by other means?
Thank you
Last edit: 10 years 3 weeks ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #119779 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA score

tonisdad wrote: Hello
Finally got the Medical Report after phoning again and been asked by some obnoxious jobsworth why we wanted it when wife was already in support group. The person was told in no uncertain terms it had nothing to do with her and it was our legal right. We asked to be put through to a superior and after relaying the rudeness of the original operative lo and behold we received the report next day.
In the report it says on the first line under the heading advice:
I advise that the client meets support group criteria as they have severe functional disability.
I would like to ask you good people does that satisfy a particular descriptor or has she got in support group by other means?
Thank you

If that is all it says then I would think that she qualified under Regulation 35, risk of harm if found capable of Work Related Activity, but I would have expected it to say more and been more specific about the qualifying criteria she met.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: tonisdad, libran1962

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.