× Members

ESA score

More
10 years 3 weeks ago - 10 years 3 weeks ago #119786 by tonisdad
Replied by tonisdad on topic ESA score
Gordon
Thanks for your reply I caanot really find anything specific other than on page 8 under the heading.
Support Group Information:
A sentence says:
Overall the evidence suggests that severe functional disability is likely for being unable to mobolise or use a wheelchair repeatedly reliably and safely for 50 metres because of signifigant discomfort and exhaustion.
The available evidence suggests review in the medium term.

Thanks again
Last edit: 10 years 3 weeks ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #119792 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA score

tonisdad wrote: Gordon
Thanks for your reply I caanot really find anything specific other than on page 8 under the heading.
Support Group Information:
A sentence says:
Overall the evidence suggests that severe functional disability is likely for being unable to mobolise or use a wheelchair repeatedly reliably and safely for 50 metres because of signifigant discomfort and exhaustion.
The available evidence suggests review in the medium term.

Thanks again

This means that she qualified under the SG Mobilising Descriptor :)

Review in the medium term, probably means a re-assessment in two years.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: tonisdad

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #119796 by tonisdad
Thanks Gordon I think another version of my last message might have come through.
Sorry

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #119801 by tonisdad
Just to say and maybe you can move this message to the right section Gordon as admin.
The help and support on this whole website is absolutely second to none.
In fact I believe the only reason my wife got in the support group in the first place is because forewarned is forearmed. She took loads of paperwork to her medical as advised regarding her condition. She knew exactly what to expect when she got there regarding questions likely to be asked etc and in what order to expect them.
The amount I paid to join this group...it was that trivial an amount in the scheme of things I can`t remember what it was......was one of the best sums of money i have ever sent.
Next up is PIP and I am sure we will be able to achieve more, thanks to this group, than we would ever have done on our own.
A big resounding thank you to all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, slugsta, Bearer

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #119804 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA score
tonisdad

Thanks for your comments. :)

I don't know about the other Mods, but the "buzz" for me is seeing members get their benefits, the system was confusing enough before the current Government got their hands on it, now it is a total minefield.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta, tonisdad

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #119807 by tonisdad
Gordon
When we first got the forms we just did not know where to start.
I stumbled on this site by mistake looking for the DWP website to get advice......that`s a laugh I know. It`s a shame that everybody in our position does not know about this resource. I feel like going around every DWP/Job Centre etc and pinning the site details all over them.
Hopefully word of mouth will do that instead eventually :cheer:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.