× Members

Unexpected ESA Reassessment Questionnaire.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #120397 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Unexpected ESA Reassessment Questionnaire.

Basho wrote: It would be good if it where possible to get some clarification on the issue as a two year deferment would take me up to the time when I can retire and I am due a reassessment of my claim in November 2014. Is everyone going to get deferred or is it only those in the support group or over a certain age? I haven't read anything about what criteria, if any, will be used when deferring an assessment. I don't want to get my hopes up...

I am afraid that it is as clear as it is going to get :(

This is an operational procedure change, so the DWP are at liberty to change the criteria as and when they wish, also, the re-assessment date is not part of the award, so even if your re-assessment date was moved back two years from today, there is nothing stopping the DWP changing their minds and deciding to re-assess you next year, if circumstances allow.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #120399 by sydneyboy
Replied by sydneyboy on topic Unexpected ESA Reassessment Questionnaire.
Dear Bro58,
In my post 120349 I did indeed mean referrals and not deferrals as I mistakingly wrote.
It should have read:
I phoned the DWP who told me "Business as usual and referrals will continue"

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #120401 by sydneyboy
Replied by sydneyboy on topic Unexpected ESA Reassessment Questionnaire.
Dear Froggy,
I am sorry to hear of your husband's same situation as my own. I wish you both well.
Unfortunately I don't have time to pursue this matter with and MP or anyone else in authority as I must now gather medical evidence and complete my ESA50.
I would be very interested to hear if there are any other members besides myself and froggy in the same situation although I am pretty certain now that this will be the way forward for others too.
Kindest Regards to everyone who offered advice and support in this complex matter.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #120404 by summertrain
Replied by summertrain on topic Unexpected ESA Reassessment Questionnaire.
sydneyboy wrote:

In my post 120349 I did indeed mean referrals and not deferrals as I mistakingly wrote.
It should have read:

However sydneyboy also said:

When I mentioned the 2 year deferral scan for repeat reassessments from the 20th January the Atos call centre telephonist said the repeat referrals were never stopped. Repeat reassessments are still continuing and always have been.

This surely is misinformation, as the statement of the deferrals is all over the public domain

It's all as clear as mud, and I don't feel I'll ever be able to relax for fear of another WCA, which is why they are giving misinformation, and saying it's an operational change, so that people will always be worried.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago - 10 years 2 weeks ago #120411 by tintack
Replied by tintack on topic Unexpected ESA Reassessment Questionnaire.

summertrain wrote: sydneyboy wrote:

It should have read:

However sydneyboy also said:

When I mentioned the 2 year deferral scan for repeat reassessments from the 20th January the Atos call centre telephonist said the repeat referrals were never stopped. Repeat reassessments are still continuing and always have been.

This surely is misinformation, as the statement of the deferrals is all over the public domain

It's all as clear as mud, and I don't feel I'll ever be able to relax for fear of another WCA, which is why they are giving misinformation, and saying it's an operational change, so that people will always be worried.

If I remember rightly, the original DWP memo instructed staff to give a generic non-answer to claimants asking about deferrals, so the DWP clearly wants as few claimants as possible to know about the deferral process. It wouldn't come as a huge shock if they've since told staff to deny that deferrals are happening when claimants ask about it.

The deferrals were supposed to start in January and we're now at the end of April. Given that that's a period of several months, if it were really true that the deferrals haven't been happening and it's been "business as usual" all along, I think that by now we would have seen a lot more than just two people reporting assessment forms arriving unexpectedly and wondering why they hadn't been deferred. "Clear as mud" certainly describes the situation accurately though.
Last edit: 10 years 2 weeks ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #120431 by deniseions
Replied by deniseions on topic Unexpected ESA Reassessment Questionnaire.

sydneyboy wrote: Dear Froggy,
I am sorry to hear of your husband's same situation as my own. I wish you both well.
Unfortunately I don't have time to pursue this matter with and MP or anyone else in authority as I must now gather medical evidence and complete my ESA50.
I would be very interested to hear if there are any other members besides myself and froggy in the same situation although I am pretty certain now that this will be the way forward for others too.
Kindest Regards to everyone who offered advice and support in this complex matter.

Thanks for your message. Good luck with the form filling. It's head down for me now and just get on with it, I will update when form goes in and we get a response. Take care x

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris