× Members

Pip

More
10 years 3 days ago - 10 years 3 days ago #120604 by Mags
Replied by Mags on topic Pip
Hi Jim

Been to see my doctor this morning and she is going to fill a form in for me re the wheelchair, I told her about PIP and she said whatever I need from her she will sort out for me, have made an app. For my WRO at the surgery (her idea) and will see what she thinks too, she knows my conditions, and will take it from there, have downloaded the guides from here and will read through these too.

Many thanks for all your help, you're all invaluable to us.

Mags
Last edit: 10 years 3 days ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 days ago - 10 years 3 days ago #120609 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip

Mags wrote: Hi Jim

Been to see my doctor this morning and she is going to fill a form in for me re the wheelchair, I told her about PIP and she said whatever I need from her she will sort out for me, have made an app. For my WRO at the surgery (her idea) and will see what she thinks too, she knows my conditions, and will take it from there, have downloaded the guides from here and will read through these too.

Many thanks for all your help, you're all invaluable to us.

Mags

I just want to confirm that the PIP test is a walking test, the use of a wheelchair is not considered.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 3 days ago - 10 years 3 days ago #120610 by Mags
Replied by Mags on topic Pip
Hi Gordon

I can walk but very slowly an it gets very painful, some days I can hardly walk 30 metres, and if I get further I can't do it again for a day or so, so the wheelchair is for me to get out and about and not be tied to the house.

Thanks
Mags

More
10 years 3 days ago #120615 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip

Mags wrote: Hi Gordon

I can walk but very slowly an it gets very painful, some days I can hardly walk 30 metres, and if I get further I can't do it again for a day or so, so the wheelchair is for me to get out and about and not be tied to the house.

Thanks
Mags

I understand that :)

I just want to make sure that anybody else reading the topic is not confused as the ESA does include a wheelchair but the PIP one does not.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law), Mags

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.