× Members

blue badge whilst waiting for pip

More
9 years 11 months ago #121032 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic blue badge whilst waiting for pip

K8 wrote: I'm a bit confused by this issue.....

I have a blue badge even though I have never applied for or been awarded PIP before. Can you not just apply to your council or local authority for a blue badge whether you have DLA/PIP or not??

This all about automatic qualification, the OP currently qualifies for a BB due to their current DLA award, if they receive a Enhanced PIP Mobility award or 8 points for the Moving Around Descriptor as a result of their re-assessment they will also automatically qualify.

The problem is that there is likely to be a gap between the two.

They can make a claim for BB through assessment, but although the criteria are broadly similar to DLA and PIP, it is possible for their claim to be refused.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 11 months ago #121036 by Bica
Replied by Bica on topic blue badge whilst waiting for pip
Hi K8
After I submitted my application for PIP I also applied to my local council knowing I was in for a long wait with PIP.
After a week my local council contacted me inviting me down for an assessment.
I received my Blue Badge there and then afer paying £10 for it. It also lasts three years.
Hope this helps you.
Bica
  • Rubyred
9 years 11 months ago #121037 by Rubyred
Replied by Rubyred on topic Blue Badge
I have also had a BB for the last 3 years but dont claim DLA or PIP. I have just re-applied for a new BB which is a straight forward form to complete.
There is no reason why you shouldnt qualify for a BB if you think you meet the criteria for PIP, but you never know.
You should apply anyway, nothing to lose.
More
9 years 11 months ago #121043 by neptuno
Replied by neptuno on topic blue badge whilst waiting for pip
I was in the same position. My DLA and BB expire in June. I applied for PIP in December and await F2F assessment. My Council advised me to reapply for BB with supporting documents (same as those I sent with PIP) and send a covering letter explaining currently receive enhanced DLA and chronic condition not expected to improve and PIP assessment pending. Council rang to ask for BB payment having assessed application form. I received new badge in post valid for 3 years from June.
  • Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #121047 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic blue badge whilst waiting for pip
We have had numerous enquiries on the criteria for Blue Badges, be it for automatic entitlement for those in receipt of DLA HRM, or enhanced mobility component of PIP and for those who don't receive DLA or PIP.

These can be found at this thread Blue Badge but the criteria for those who live in Scotland or Northern Ireland differs. I've also put up a comprehensive guide for Blue Badges in Spotlights Blue Badge Application Form - Guidance Notes

Therefore, I am locking this thread as the information is already provided in the link I've provided.

Jim

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law). Reason: Added information.
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.