× Members

placed in support group but still no money

More
9 years 10 months ago #122508 by bettinapizer
Replied by bettinapizer on topic placed in support group but still no money
oh wow.....printing it for mp . Thanks so much! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #122512 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic placed in support group but still no money
B

At the risk of causing additional confusion :) I've managed to do some more research.

The Advice for Decision Makers guide covers this subject, however, there are no examples that specifically cover a Change of Circumstances due to a deteriorated condition. See Chapter A4

www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/upl..._and_termination.pdf

There appear to be three sections that need to considered, but only the first two should be relevant.

The first is in relation to changes notified within 30 days of the date they occurred, whilst this may be relevant unless your change was the result of some "event" such as an accident, it may be difficult to identify a specific effective date and therefore when the 30 days starts from.

The second relates to changes not notified within the 30 days but where the supersession is to the advantage of the claimant. I believe this is the relevant section (see below).

For completeness the third section relates to notifications outside of the 30 days where the supersession is not to the advantage of the claimant.

Guidance for supersessions that are to the advantage of the claimant start at paragraph A4214 onwards. Paragraph A4215 covers Effective Date and states.

A4215 Where an appropriate office is notified of an advantageous change of circumstances within the relevant notification period or within such longer period as may be allowed under A4204 - A4210, the effective date of the supersession will be

1. for ESA and JSA1, the first day of the benefit week in which the change occurs or is expected to occur.

I'm not an expert in this area, but I read this as the date that your request for supersession was received by the DWP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: bettinapizer

More
9 years 10 months ago #122520 by bettinapizer
Thank you Gordon for doing that extra research. You are right though...I am confused by the DM's guidelines referred to.....it is not exactly an easy read is it! I will, however, point my Mp at all your suggestions and see what he can do. I will also take the advice and get a welfare advisor involved.
I really appreciate all this help. Thank you. :unsure:

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #122789 by bettinapizer
Sending you virtual beers, wine,flowers and chocs......Thank you so much for ALL your help. DWP have caved in and paid me back to 24,sept.2013....!

And all because of the courage to challenge them armed with information from you all.
I cannot thank you all enough.
:laugh: :laugh:
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by .
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #122790 by

beepeez wrote: Sending you virtual beers, wine,flowers and chocs......Thank you so much for ALL your help. DWP have caved in and paid me back to 24,sept.2013....!

And all because of the courage to challenge them armed with information from you all.
I cannot thank you all enough.
:laugh: :laugh:

Hi b,

What a great way to end our evening session !!!!! :woohoo:

Well done for fighting your corner !!!

I don't drink beer, so mine will have to be a virtual Gin & Tonic, Ice & Lemon of course !!!! :)

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by .

More
9 years 10 months ago #122791 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic placed in support group but still no money
beepeez

Glad to hear that you were able to get it sorted. :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.