× Members

placed in support group but still no money

• bro58
9 years 11 months ago #121584 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic placed in support group but still no money

beepeez wrote: Thank you Gordon, I will just await the outcome and try not to worry. Do you happen to know how long they may take to pay anything once they have the ESA1 back? I am of course assuming that I will be paid something!!
By the way, you and all the moderators should be beatified in my opinion. You really are a lifeline for the rest of us. A massive thank you! :) :) :) :) :)

Hi b,

It is hard to give a definitive answer in the current climate.

However, I would be chasing the DWP for an update if I had not received any payments within 10-14 days of receipt of The ESA 1.

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

I have learnt a new word today, "beatified", at first I thought that you wanted all us poor Mods "beating up" :laugh: :laugh: , then I found out the real meaning :

Beatified

Thanks for your kind comments. :)

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #121682 by bettinapizer
Replied by bettinapizer on topic placed in support group but still no money
You are all very welcome! However, it goes without saying that I wish you all a very long and happy life first!!!! :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: bro58, slugsta

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #122132 by bettinapizer
Hi again.
Sent off my ESA1 1st class recorded delivery on 27th May. Not a word yet and 15 dys since they would have received it. Is it unreasonable to have expected some money or communication by now?
Thanks. :unsure:
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #122133 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic placed in support group but still no money

beepeez wrote: Hi again.
Sent off my ESA1 1st class recorded delivery on 27th May. Not a word yet and 15 dys since they would have received it. Is it unreasonable to have expected some money or communication by now?
Thanks. :unsure:

Hi b,

I believe that "Forms" and correspondence can take a minimum of 14 days from receipt before they are scanned on to your file. (Especially if they go via The Wolverhampton DWP Mail Processing Sites)

You could contact The DWP for an update, Phone : 0345 608 8545 Press Option 3 for ESA.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by bro58.

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #122495 by bettinapizer
Hi everyone,
The nightmare continues. Contacted DWP and asked for an update into payments etc. They said they had paid the backdated benefit into my account but were only backdating it until 12,April.2014 which was the week before my WCA on 17th April 2014. I explained that I had requested a supersession at end of September 2013 and had been made to wait until April 17th 2014 for an ATOS assessment because of backlogs not because I had asked for supersession then. They are still refusing to backdate back to when my time limited contributions ran out and I just dont know what to do. I was relying on the backdated money to sort out some of the debt problems I have got due to having no money since 28.09.2013.
On top of that they had paid the money into my old closed account which is in arrears and on a debt management token payment plan despite me providing my new basic bank account etails on the ESA1 I returned.
Can they really not backdate the ESA payments to when I requested the supersession in Sept/Oct 2013? I am scared to argue with them as they are so unhelpful. Surely that can't be right especially as the backlogs for assessments are not my fault. Could they have superceded a different decision or not superceded it at all? Am I missing something?
Any help appreciated.
B
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Gordon.

More
9 years 10 months ago #122496 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic placed in support group but still no money
Beepeez

The normal procedure is to backdate to date that the DWP received the request for supersession, unless the Decision Maker has good reason to use another date, however, based on your postings it would be difficult to see how they could justify this as the medical evidence you supplied and which we can assume contributed to their Decision was dated prior to your request being made. The difficulty is that this is procedural rather than defined in law as far as I know, so there are no references that we can supply in support of the earlier date.

Who are you speaking to? the call centre staff or the DWP Payments section?

If you have not done so already then you should escalate the problem to a manager, which usually requires a call back. You might also consider involving your MP.

Contacting your MP

The 12 April is the likely first pay day after the annual benefit increase on 6 April, so I am wondering if there is a possibility that the back payments are in two halves, one half at this years rates and the other based on last years ones.

If you are uncomfortable pursuing the matter with the DWP yourself, then you will have to find a trained Welfare Advisor who can act on your behalf, do an internet search for "welfare advice" with your postcode, town or county.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.