× Members

Missed call from DWP

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #121554 by Benson
Missed call from DWP was created by Benson
I had a missed called from DWP last week, but not had another call from them since. Do I ring them back ? They didn't leave any answerphone message, I just saw it was them from Googling the number. I am awaiting ESA results so I guess it is likely due to that.

Do ATOS use the same number as the DWP ?
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #121557 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Missed call from DWP

Benson wrote: I had a missed called from DWP last week, but not had another call from them since. Do I ring them back ? They didn't leave any answerphone message, I just saw it was them from Googling the number. I am awaiting ESA results so I guess it is likely due to that.

Do ATOS use the same number as the DWP ?

You can try calling them back but the phone number is very unlikely to lead you back to the person who called, most likely they will take note of your call and try to get the caller to phone you again.

ATOS and the DWP do not use the same phone numbers.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #121626 by Benson
Replied by Benson on topic Missed call from DWP
Thanks Gordon. As of today, I still haven't had a second call from them, my phone puts a number beside the phone number of the amount of times it has rung me, and that is just once, last week.

I am very curious what the call was about. When this happened at my last renewal I remember I was phoned the very next day when I missed the first call. So should I just sit and wait ? I know it is not my place to phone them back, but I am just curious, thanks.
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Gordon.

More
9 years 10 months ago #121631 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Missed call from DWP

Benson wrote: Thanks Gordon. As of today, I still haven't had a second call from them, my phone puts a number beside the phone number of the amount of times it has rung me, and that is just once, last week.

I am very curious what the call was about. When this happened at my last renewal I remember I was phoned the very next day when I missed the first call. So should I just sit and wait ? I know it is not my place to phone them back, but I am just curious, thanks.

It's really up to you, there are circumstances where it is in the interest of the claimant to contact the DWP, this includes when they are waiting for the result of a re-assessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #122106 by Benson
Replied by Benson on topic Missed call from DWP
Thanks Gordon.

So, it is now 2 weeks and no letter or phone call. Any idea why the DWP would ring once and then I hear nothing else ? Does the DWP only see the ESA50 after it has been with ATOS ? Also I hear the DWP send out letters if they can't get hold of you by phone, how soon do the letters normally get sent ?

I rang the number that rang me, but it was just an automated line saying I was phoned by the DWP and they would ring back if required. What number do I ring to chat to someone at the DWP who may know what this was about ?

Thanks again.
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by .

9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #122107 by
Replied by on topic Missed call from DWP

Benson wrote: Thanks Gordon.

So, it is now 2 weeks and no letter or phone call. Any idea why the DWP would ring once and then I hear nothing else ? Does the DWP only see the ESA50 after it has been with ATOS ? Also I hear the DWP send out letters if they can't get hold of you by phone, how soon do the letters normally get sent ?

I rang the number that rang me, but it was just an automated line saying I was phoned by the DWP and they would ring back if required. What number do I ring to chat to someone at the DWP who may know what this was about ?

Thanks again.

Hi B,

I afraid that all logic has "gone out of the window" with respect to normal DWP operating procedures.

You should be able to contact The DWP by ringing : 0345 608 8545 Press Option 3 for ESA.

They may have any updates regarding a decision, on file, on their computer screen.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by .

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.