× Members

nightmare assessment today.

• bottleofbest
  • Topic Author
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #121570 by bottleofbest
nightmare assessment today. was created by bottleofbest
sorry for long post.

I can honestly say it is one of THE worst experiences I have ever had.

First issue was the parking. The car park was staff only so all patients had to park on the street in the city centre with only one hour parking and no return within 1 hour. This presented so many problems throughout which I'll get to. We had to park quite some distance from the entrance so had to slowly negotiate my way there with assistance from my wife.

Before going to the Birmingham centre we were told it would be Wolverhampton which is closer, but because of it not being on the ground floor or recorded, they moved it to brum. Turns out when we got there it was on the first floor and they didn't know it was to be recorded! We waited an hour and a half in the waiting room to be seen. My wife had to go and move the car twice during the waiting time and we had to have a receptionist sit with me because I can't be left alone. Several people were complaining. One guy started kicking off. All the windows were open and people were complaining of being cold. (I think they wanted someone to get up and close them! )
We were eventually called and walked slowly to a tiny assessment room where it turns out they didn't know the meeting was to be recorded. My wife demanded it be recorded as this is what we requested. We then had to walk all the way back to reception and sign a document and then they agreed to record it.we waited another 20-30 minutes to be called again by the same lady.
I couldn't walk very fast as was in a lot of pain but the assessor charged on ahead.

She was really quite abrupt and funny from the get go. Snapped at my wife because she wad texting the baby sitter.

She then asked me to explain my conditions and the side effects they have and noted it all down.
She asked me to explain my des first and then ibs after.
She asked what affect these conditions have on my dressing, washing sleep. I explained I suffer with insomnia and get about 3 hours sleep a night. I told her my wife has to help me in and out of the bath and often has to help me wash. I also need supervision in the bath and also dressing. She asked about eating and I explained food and meds get stuck often leading me to choke.
She asked me about cooking and cleaning. I told her that I don't cook full stop due to falling into a turned off cooker and that it's too risky! I told her I don't clean other than to dust maybe once a week and that my wife does everything.

I explained that I can't cook even with a microwave because the food would be hot when it comes out.

She asked me about any hobbies and I explained I lie down most the day and don't really have hobbies anymore. I explained that I try and spend most of the day sleeping trying to catch up on what I missed during the night.
She asked me when was the last time I went out. I told her Sunday to church becsuse my wife drove me and I wouldn't have got there myself. She asked me how long a service is. I said an hour but I have to go lie down he majority of the time in the vestry and can't sit though a full service but feel it's important to go to church when I feel able.

She asked me how I go out and shop if I can't walk far and I explained my wife does online shopping and online banking so we have no need to go to town.

She asked me about my kids and I explained I am no longer able to do simple things like play with them or discipline them when necessary.

She asked me about my previous job and I told her how I lost it because of my condition and that I terrified my colleagues. I told her I was let go on the grounds of impaired capability due to ill health.

My wife had to go move the car again leaving me in there with her and I gave her my spray and explained how to administer it in case I was unable to do so myself.

She then asked me the same sort of questions but skewed differently in order to try and catch me out.

She took my blood pressure but didn't do the breathing exercise as she said it would probably cause me too much pain and I agreed it would.

She did an examination with my arms and legs asking me to do stretches I did them but explained I wouldn't be bending over and squashing my chest.

I don't see how me moving my arms and legs has anything to do with my oesophagus but ok.
Tested my hearing and sight. All fine. Again relevance?

The security guard brought my wife back up the lift and commented that it was rare for a nurse to take so long with a claimant and they are normally done within 30 minutes.

Before finishing I asked to make a statement for the benefit of the recording. I said that I had a well paid job and I have always worked and enjoyed working and I'm only claiming because I have to. That this condition has wrecked my life and future plans.

The meeting was drawn to a close after nearly an hour and 30 minutes!

Through the whole thing I felt like she thought I was lying and seemed judgmental.

I can't remember everything sorry guys.
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #121572 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic nightmare assessment today.
I am really sorry to hear that this was such an ordeal for you :(

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
9 years 11 months ago #121587 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic nightmare assessment today.

Mrs Hurtyback wrote: I am really sorry to hear that this was such an ordeal for you :(

Ditto from me. From what you describe, in my opinion you certainly have good cause to complain to Capita on your ordeal. However, I really cannot advise whether or not you should do so, as complaining about the 'nurse' who put you through this ordeal may complicate matters and delay things.

If you wish to complain you can do so by e-mail : This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Whatever you decide, Good Luck :unsure:

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

• Rubyred
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #121589 by Rubyred
Replied by Rubyred on topic nightmare assessment today.
Bottleofbest, was the assessment for PIP and which centre in Birmingham was it held in?

Just curious.
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by .

9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #121592 by
Replied by on topic nightmare assessment today.

Rubyred wrote: Bottleofbest, was the assessment for PIP and which centre in Birmingham was it held in?

Just curious.

Hi Rr,

Going from bob's previous posts :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum/profile?view=user&userid=126634

I believe it was an ESA F2F, not PIP :

In which case, it may have been : This one.

I am sure bob will confirm this when they see your query.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by .

• bottleofbest
  • Topic Author
9 years 11 months ago #121595 by bottleofbest
Replied by bottleofbest on topic nightmare assessment today.

bro58 wrote:

Rubyred wrote: Bottleofbest, was the assessment for PIP and which centre in Birmingham was it held in?

Just curious.

Hi Rr,

Going from bob's previous posts :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum/profile?view=user&userid=126634

I believe it was an ESA F2F, not PIP :

In which case, it may have been : This one.

I am sure bob will confirm this when they see your query.

bro58

That's correct bro it was five ways house. I never want to attend there again.
You're treated like a fake and a criminal from the second you walk in.
Security followed me everywhere.

When my wife had to move the car No none wanted to take the responsibility to watch me to the point where my wife had to started getting angry.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.