× Members

Carer's allowance question.

• bottleofbest
  • Topic Author
9 years 11 months ago #121736 by bottleofbest
Carer's allowance question. was created by bottleofbest
Hello you lovely people! :)

I’ve rang up Capita today to chase up my report and they have advised me that my case is in the final, final stages of the Capita process and that I will be getting a copy of the report shortly as I have requested it in writing. He has told me to continue ringing daily now as he feels it will be very soon that it will be sent off to the DWP.
Does anyone have an idea how long it will take for a decision (on average) from the DM at the DWP?
It might be a bit presumptuous, but I figured I may as well ask so we are clued up; if I am awarded either standard or enhanced care, how do I go about applying for my wife to get carer’s allowance?
Does it mean more forms or is it simply a phone call? Which body do I contact?
Thanks,
Guy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #121739 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Carer's allowance question.
BoB

Most of the delay appears to be in the assessment stage, once the DWP have the report I would expect a Decision in 1-2 weeks, providing the report is viewed as being OK, if it isn't then it will depend on whether the report can be re-written or whether a new assessment is required, I'm hoping we are past this stage, but it is too early to say.

Your Topic refers to Carers Allowance, do you have a question on it?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bottleofbest
  • Topic Author
9 years 11 months ago #121740 by bottleofbest
Replied by bottleofbest on topic Carer's allowance question.

Gordon wrote: BoB

Most of the delay appears to be in the assessment stage, once the DWP have the report I would expect a Decision in 1-2 weeks, providing the report is viewed as being OK, if it isn't then it will depend on whether the report can be re-written or whether a new assessment is required, I'm hoping we are past this stage, but it is too early to say.

Your Topic refers to Carers Allowance, do you have a question on it?

Gordon

Hi Gordon, thanks for the response.

I did ask about carer's allowance.

It might be a bit presumptuous, but I figured I may as well ask so we are clued up; if I am awarded either standard or enhanced care, how do I go about applying for my wife to get carer’s allowance?
Does it mean more forms or is it simply a phone call? Which body do I contact?
Thanks,
Guy

More
9 years 11 months ago #121741 by Gordon
Sorry, I read your post a couple of times to make sure I hadn't missed the question too :blush:

Must be because it's Friday night.

If you are not already in receipt of DLA Care at the Medium or Higher rate then you will not be able to make a claim for CA until you have a Decision on your PIP claim, providing you receive a PIP Care award, she can then make an application for CA which can be backdated by up to 3 months, providing she was providing the 35 hours/week care that is required..

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bottleofbest
  • Topic Author
9 years 11 months ago #121743 by bottleofbest
Replied by bottleofbest on topic Carer's allowance question.

Gordon wrote: Sorry, I read your post a couple of times to make sure I hadn't missed the question too :blush:

Must be because it's Friday night.

If you are not already in receipt of DLA Care at the Medium or Higher rate then you will not be able to make a claim for CA until you have a Decision on your PIP claim, providing you receive a PIP Care award, she can then make an application for CA which can be backdated by up to 3 months, providing she was providing the 35 hours/week care that is required..

Gordon

Lol, no problem mate. I know you're a busy man moderating this place :)

Yeah I know I won't be able to claim until I've got my pip award. I was just wondering what the process after the award is given would be.
I know I haven't had my award yet but just trying to remain optimistic :whistle: :)

More
9 years 11 months ago #121745 by Gordon

bottleofbest wrote: Lol, no problem mate. I know you're a busy man moderating this place :)

Yeah I know I won't be able to claim until I've got my pip award. I was just wondering what the process after the award is given would be.
I know I haven't had my award yet but just trying to remain optimistic :whistle: :)

There's an online claim form

www.gov.uk/apply-carers-allowance

I think the process takes a couple of weeks.

Depending on your circumstances she may also be able to claim Income Support as a Carer.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.