× Members

Woman who were on State Pension before PIP.

• teabag
9 years 8 months ago #123896 by teabag
Replied by teabag on topic Woman who were on State Pension before PIP.
Wow wonder how many women this will affect especially at the moment as women are retiring at different ages due to the retirement age changing for women in line with men and bet there are plenty thinking their DLA is safe in the same situation as Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 8 months ago #123904 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic Woman who were on State Pension before PIP.
Hi Teabag,

Thanks for your reply.To me as as retired Welfare Rights Lawyer, it seems to be grossly unfair that women, such as my wife Pat who retired on full State Pension at 60 years of age will be at some future date be forced to claim PIP, if they were in receipt of DLA Mobility Component & DLA Care Component will be forced to claim PIP.

I have submitted a FOIA request to DWP for a full explanation.

Best regards,

Jim

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 4 months ago #145917 by ben1
I am 68years old this month and still have an indefinite awrard of DLA will I have to claim pip

More
8 years 4 months ago #145923 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Woman who were on State Pension before PIP.

ben1 wrote: I am 68years old this month and still have an indefinite awrard of DLA will I have to claim pip

You've replied to a post that is 15 months old. :)

From your post you would have been 65 or older on 8 April 2013, so you will not be asked to claim PIP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 4 months ago #146172 by ben1
Ii was born 29.12.1948 I am 68 this month will I have to claim pip my award is indefinite DLA thanks

More
8 years 4 months ago #146173 by ben1
i am 68this month but pip came in April 2013 I was not 65till December that year

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.